Felt like I was going to pass out yesterday...

Options
Can anyone take a look at my diary and see if I'm missing something? I've been eating within the calorie limits for 2 weeks, and feeling fine. Not hungry at all with how I space my meals.

Yesterday, I came home from work and felt like I was going to pass out. I felt warm, tunnel vision, cloudy hearing, jittery... I had a similar feeling once before and it was my blood pressure that bottomed out following the birth of my kids. I don't know why I'd ever have that feeling again? Aside from my weight, I'm otherwise completely healthy...

I ended up eating a whole handful of granola and a banana before I felt better (forgot to log the granola). I checked my sugar (used to be a gestational diabetic during pregnancy) and I was 96. That's "kinda" low, but not ridiculous.

I take a multivitamin daily. Wondering if I'm missing something in my diet since I no longer eat everything in sight?

Replies

• mizzcase
    Options
    I don't know if this is why you were dizzy, but you definitely need more protein! I am for a g per pound.. 120g per day for myself. Yesterday I got 226. Do you like cottage cheese or greek yogurt? They're great sources!
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I never thought about protein. I suppose I don't get nearly enough.

I'm not big on cottage, and I've never had greek yogurt. I don't like regular yogurt, what's the difference between the two?
  • lessac
    lessac Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Have you had too much caffeine by chance or haven't had enough water or both?
  • ruby_red_rose
    ruby_red_rose Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    You should go talk to a doctor.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    You should go talk to a doctor.

Saying that you didn't feel better until eating a banana and granola almost sounds like low blood sugar issues. Probably best to check it out with your doctor.