Dumb Questions

Options
It took me three weeks before I realised that mfp gives me a calorie deficit regardless of exercise, and that exercise was extra bonus oh god thank you calories. Thank you to the people who gently answered my question with no hint of exasperation, the question other posters had asked over and over and over...

What was your dumb question? Or, what is your dumb question?

Replies

• mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I gave a dumb answer. I don't even remember what the topic was, but it related to low carb foods, and some smart person said that Jello has no carbs.

Well, I eat jello brand instant sugar free fat free (filled with sodium) pudding about once a week, but because the JELLO is so big on the box, in my mind I call it jello.

So of course I posted that I eat jello all the time and it is not carb free. It wasn't until later in the day that I realized the mistake I had made. Actual jello CAN be carb free. :blushing:

No one pointed out my mistake though
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    this is all new to most people so there arent too many dumb questions...there are however, many many dumb answers...people read or hear something with zero or faulty foundation and repeat it as gospel
  • emergencytennis
    emergencytennis Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I gave a dumb answer. I don't even remember what the topic was, but it related to low carb foods, and some smart person said that Jello has no carbs.

Well, I eat jello brand instant sugar free fat free (filled with sodium) pudding about once a week, but because the JELLO is so big on the box, in my mind I call it jello.

So of course I posted that I eat jello all the time and it is not carb free. It wasn't until later in the day that I realized the mistake I had made. Actual jello CAN be carb free. :blushing:

No one pointed out my mistake though

I did something similar. I was trying to say that I only ran/did cardio in order to be fit to play my sport of choice. It came across as cardio should never be an end in itself, but is only ever a drill for sport. I was so smacked.