Weehoo! NSV!

Options
So I ran my first 5K today (more like jogged)! Although it took me 45 minutes, this is the longest that I've ever run. And to think that I have been off exercise for the past two weeks after my mother passed away and bouts of flu after that. I went to the gym today reminding myself to lower my expectations. I told myself I will start slowly since this is my first day back. Went on the treadmill, and the minutes passed by. I glanced at the display and the number said 5.1 KM! Yay ME!

Replies

• KriscoOil
    KriscoOil Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Congrats!! So sorry to hear about the loss of your mother!
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Regardless of the time, running a 5K is huge because so many people never make it even that far! Great job!
  • karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    #1- that is amazing! I am too scared to run on the treadmill. You are awesome.

#2- <hugs> I am so sorry for your loss.
  • karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    #1- that is amazing! I am too scared to run on the treadmill. You are awesome.

#2- <hugs> I am so sorry for your loss.
  • Firefighter_Ray
    Firefighter_Ray Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I just tried my first attempt at a 5k earlier this week. I barely made it a mile,and walked the rest of the way. I can't wait to make it my first time all running. Great job! Sorry to hear about your loss, I lost my Mom recently and know what devastating thing that can be. Good luck to you, Thanks for inspiring us.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!