Clothes these days

jenhenning219
jenhenning219 Posts: 385 Member
is it me or are the womans/ junior dresses getting shorter and shorter? i look and see all these cute dresses and i think to myself for me this is a shirt because i am 5'8, i would wear these so called dresses with leggings or skinny jeans, what are other peoples opinions on this?

Replies

• rossi02
    rossi02 Posts: 549 Member
    HA.. considering I'm just over 5' tall.. I'm thrilled that I can buy a dress that hits my knees instead of everything being ankel lenght! My sister is 5' 10" and has your same complaint.
  • Phoenix24601
    Phoenix24601 Posts: 620 Member
    I have the same complaints that you do. Finding dresses for me is a nightmare. My fiance will go shopping with me and will point out a nice "shirt." Most of the time I will reply that it's supposed to be a dress. He usually asks where the rest of it is lol. To each their own I guess.
  • jenhenning219
    i mean they are cute dont get me wrong i am not looking for something down to my ankles but i would like a dress to hit at the top of the calf just below the bottom of the knee cap
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Ha. I am 5'7" with long legs and feel your pain. I treat those short dresses like tunics and wear them with skinny jeans or leggings.
  • jenhenning219
    Ha. I am 5'7" with long legs and feel your pain. I treat those short dresses like tunics and wear them with skinny jeans or leggings.
    me too
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Um yes! Im 5 11 and I cant wear them without leggins. Theyre just tops for me. Ive been on the hunt for a nice cocktail dress for NYE and unless I go floor length - it isnt happening. boooo!
  • lunamare
    lunamare Posts: 569 Member
    Yup, I'm with you. I got the cutest sweater dress to wear to DH's grandparents tomorrow and his comment was "it's a bit short, isn't it?" I'm going to put tights on and tall boots. Of course I wanted to wear my 3" heels, but I think I'll end up with the flat boots instead. :/
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    HA.. considering I'm just over 5' tall.. I'm thrilled that I can buy a dress that hits my knees instead of everything being ankel lenght! My sister is 5' 10" and has your same complaint.

THIS! LOL
  • rossi02
    rossi02 Posts: 549 Member

THIS! LOL

Glad I'm not the only one! On the flip side though.. if it's so short that it shows my undies when trying it on.. who the heck are they marketing it to? Is there a hooker exchange program that I'm not aware of?
  • they are getting shorter or my butt is getting bigger!