New today!

Options
Hey all, I'm a 22 year old student in my fourth year of engineering. Like they say, along with college comes the freshman 15 (more like 20 in my case) so I am hoping to drop this and a little extra.
I like to think I am a pretty healthy person, but I definitely think that has gone down a little in the past few years. I stay up late studying and tend to snack sometimes to stay alert so that is probably the first thing that has got to go. I also tend to put exercise on the back burner.

All of this has motivated me to join this group! I am hoping that I will become more conscious of how much I eat and exercise. Everyone says it is easy while you are young so we will see!!

Best of luck to all!

Replies

• miliz
    miliz Posts: 7
    Options
    Hey all, I'm a 22 year old student in my fourth year of engineering. Like they say, along with college comes the freshman 15 (more like 20 in my case) so I am hoping to drop this and a little extra.
    I like to think I am a pretty healthy person, but I definitely think that has gone down a little in the past few years. I stay up late studying and tend to snack sometimes to stay alert so that is probably the first thing that has got to go. I also tend to put exercise on the back burner.

All of this has motivated me to join this group! I am hoping that I will become more conscious of how much I eat and exercise. Everyone says it is easy while you are young so we will see!!

Best of luck to all!
  • debmac63
    debmac63 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome and good luck with your weight loss.
  • miliz
    Options
    Thanks, you too!!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,985 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome:flowerforyou:

I tend to be up late too....I'm west coast USA. I finally had to start working out before I eat in the mornings, otherwise I run out of calories too early, too.

Good luck!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love this site if you don't already. I love this site so much. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.
  • miliz
    Options
    Thank you all for your support! I am really excited about this. I usually eat pretty healthfully, but I tend to snack and stress eat which adds up after a while with out noticing. I am hoping that doing this will help me be more aware of what I do and also serve as a motivator as I (hopefully!) see results!

Best to all!