A question about egg whites (again)

2»

Replies

• anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Don't listen to him, stay away from the pasta. Pasta will turn to sugar which turns to fat..no good!

Egg yolks are just as good for you as the whites. Fat doesn't make you fat! Sugar, starches, and over refined carbohydrates make you fat.

And the science behind this outrageous claim is....?
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    lol nothing will bulk you up "muscle-wise", unless you are eating enough calories to gain weight, AND lifting very heavy weights. that's what you do to bulk up. if you're eating within your calories to lose weight or maintain or whatever, you will not bulk up. that's complete bullsh!+.

also - if it's natural, in my opinion, there's no need to throw away the yolk. although the yolk has cholesterol, it good cholesterol that your body needs. the same goes for fat. your body needs natural fats, i.e.: nuts, seeds, olive oil, EGGS, milk, etc.
  • SeaSiren1
    SeaSiren1 Posts: 242 Member
    True story.

After one too many egg whites, I went from this:

skinny-guy.jpg

to this:
    rc21.jpg

in a single day.

you made my day :smile:
  • mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    While I agree that people are stupid, I do not believe that the OP is.

They were ignorant about the nutritional effects of egg whites and yolks. At least they were smart enough to ask rather than just blindly believe that egg whites will bulk them up.

That they are searching out the right info rather than blindly believe what someone tells them is the use of critical thinking and is a sign of intelligence.
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Can you send me your yolks?? :wink: I love 'em! In fact, I'm not that fond of the whites...mebbe we could trade them out?