Another shoe question

Options
The other thread about shoe prompted this question that I have. I am not a runner (may start some time down the road). I walk on the treadmill, use the elliptical, do exerise videos and take fitness classes like Zumba. I also plan on lifting weights shortly. I am looking to buy a new pair of shoes. which one should I get? Crosstrainers, Walking or Running? Any recos for brands?

Replies

• wannalosew82
    wannalosew82 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Any one?
  • dzarello
    dzarello Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I would go with either crosstrainers or running shoes. You are going to want something with cushion and some stability especially if you are going to be jumping up/down and side to side.

I like ASICS as a running shoe. Nike also has some lightweight running shoes that are pretty good.
  • wannalosew82
    wannalosew82 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Thank you. What about New Balance shoes? are they a good brand?
  • Cobb_66
    Cobb_66 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I can also vouch strongly for Asics!! I have knee problems and my father is a physiotherapist, so I always drag him along to buy shoes to make sure I get good support (which is the most important thing in a runner).
    I have crosstrainers and I use them for everything you mention: Zumba, Elliptical, walking, and running.
    I find I often get pain in my lower back with other shoes, but I have NEVER had that problem with Asics!
    Good luck!
  • demonNIИ
    Options

The only brand to buy!!! They are the best.
  • dzarello
    dzarello Posts: 119 Member
    Options

I have never had a pair of New Balance, but I have never heard anything bad about them. If you have access to a store that specializes in running/crosstrainer shoes (not a chain store), I suggest stopping in and talking to an expert. They can fit you with the correct shoe for your needs.