Attention Indian Food Lovers.....

Options
What are your healthier fave dishes????

Replies

• sm_4ever17
    sm_4ever17 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    i will say anything that finishes with masala is healthy like fish masala and u cn also eat chicken tikka as it is just marinated chicken n not loaded with too much oil as i am pakistani n knw quiet alot about our food coz indian n pakiz eat d same food
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Oooh.. I'm afraid my favorite is probably not too healthy (butter chicken). But I also love chicken tikka masala. The tandori chicken should be fairly healthy since it's basically oven roasted.

The fried veggie bundles (dont know the name) and the potato and peas in the fried pastry are probably not healthy either but they are delicious.
  • Hungry_Tuna
    Hungry_Tuna Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Vegetable Jalfrezi. I also enjoy bhartha.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    I love Indian food, and have learned of a number of tasty dishes that can fit within my calorie and macro goals in a number of past threads. Be sure to use the "Search" feature to check out those past threads, so that you don't miss out on a wealth of past recommendations! I would suggest searching for "indian food". :drinker:
  • bshedwick
    bshedwick Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Mmmm. Chicken Tikka and some Naan... mmmm

Stay away masala. masala = cream
  • VVEXVVEX
    VVEXVVEX Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Chana dal. Chicken Tikka (not Tikka Masala). And Sag Paneer .... ooh, that sounds good right now.
  • wk9t
    wk9t Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I like Tandoori Chicken, Lamb Vindaloo and either Veggie or Chicken Pekoras. The Vindaloo is delicious but probably not real healthy.
  • zoe4friends
    zoe4friends Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I just discovered Indian food recently and I love biryani
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    chana masala and dal.
  • havalinaaa
    havalinaaa Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I love saag paneer, all the dals, aloo gobi, and rogonjosh. Also, the Indian place we go to has an excellent chicken liver dish, but I don't see it at most other Indian places.
  • nu2012
    nu2012 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    My recent fav is Chicken kebabs. I love spinach chicken as well. Both can be made healthy and taste super delicious
  • pandasand
    pandasand Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I love Indian food! Tandoori items are pretty healthy. So are biryani dishes and anything without heavy, creamy sauces/curries on them.
  • rm830
    rm830 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Dal, tandoori chicken/prawns, chana, chicken tikka

I'm Indian, u can pretty much make anything healthier...also Masala does not mean loaded with cream.
  • creeperlegume
    creeperlegume Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Funny, because I JUST finished eating bengan bartha for lunch. YUMMMMMMMY!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Saag aloo and tarka dhal.
  • abhiforlife
    abhiforlife Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Mmmm. Chicken Tikka and some Naan... mmmm

Stay away masala. masala = cream

No actually, Masala literally means mixture of spices. Cream is just cream :)
  • Aoife_Eile
    Aoife_Eile Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Chicken and cashew nut stirfry (but I take the nuts out :P) with boiled rice.
  • katemiddletonisawesome
    Options
    Vegetable Korma is probably just awful for you, but it tastes amazing.... otherwise I'd stick with the biryani. Mostly spices - no sauce makes it the healthier pick.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    currently the following is mixed together in the oven (my version of butter chicken). It's about 200 calories.

Plain yoghurt
    chicken breast
    tomato
    onion
    bay leaf
    cardamom pods
    chipotle pepper
    cyanne pepper
    cracked pepper
    roasted garlic
    gara masala
    cumin
    cloves
    ginger
    coriander

going to top it with some gara masala - Which is a SPICE, not cream...where did you get cream?

My version of butter chicken.
  • johnnythrash
    johnnythrash Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    this is kind of off topic a bit but what are those things called - they're dough/cheese/pancake tasting ball things that look like they're soaked in butter

i had them at an indian buffet once...they're probably REALLY REALLY bad for you in all ways