Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Hungry ALL the time lately

I didn’t start dieting until Nov 7th, 2011. Somehow I guess I had created this account last dec. And my weight at that time was 275. When I started my diet (my first diet ever) on November 7th I weighed 255. I am now at 236. So officially have lost 19 lbs since starting MFP. So things are going great. I have a little breakfast, one morning snack. Lunch. An afternoon snack. And dinner. And I was always fine. Well for the last month. But This week I have been hungry ALL the time. Does anyone have any ideas why? Maybe it was because my girlfriend hasn’t been cooking as much home cooked meals. That’s what we would have for dinner then bring leftovers to work for lunch. You think that’s what it is? My only exercise is walking. I sit at a desk all day for work. Any comments would be appreciated. Thank you.

Replies

• Carrot1971
    Carrot1971 Posts: 272 Member
    Is TOM coming? I get to the point where I can't get full right before my little friend comes to visit.
  • Oh my god genious!!!!! Hello. That’s what it would be!!!! That’s gotta be it. Thank you so much!!!! Tomorrow I have a tooth extraction (front tooth) scheduled so I know I will be eating next to nothing in the next few days. So I might as well eat till Im full today. lol
  • Haha, I had the same question and this answers it too! I did up my cals though...I guess I need to put in a lot more exercise to balance myself out...
  • jennifermcornett
    jennifermcornett Posts: 159 Member
    I was just peeking at your diary, and it looks like you're eating a lot of carb-heavy snacks and breakfasts. When I eat mostly carbs early in the day, I'm a goner. I can't ever feel satisfied. I find that eating mostly protein for breakfast and mostly vegetables (salads or whatever) and beans and whatnot for lunch helps me not be as hungry all day. Also, have you been keeping up your water consumption this week?
    When I'm really trying to lose weight (I'm not really trying right now, so my diary would be of no help...), I eat hard-boiled eggs and string cheese for breakfast, sometimes some almonds... It really does work. The body supposedly processes certain types of food differently depending on the time of day. I don't know how true that actually is, but I know that more protein in the mornings helps me tremendously. :)