Need Advice: Favorite Cleanse

Everyone keeps talking about these different cleanses (juice cleanse, etc.). Anyone have a fav they recommend? I have never done one before, but with school finally out for the holidays I have the time (and ability) to do one. I'd love any helpful feedback, so please include clear directions on how to follow and any "do nots" as well (i.e. do not go running for 5 miles while on this. ) Thanks!!! :smile:

Replies

• odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    You look good to me! Stick with your kidneys and liver, they seem to be working just fine :)
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Do nots: cleanses and fad diets
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    I find Simple Green is all natural and lovely smelling. Otherwise I let my kidneys and liver do their job.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member

QFT.

Mmmm.. donots...I personally like glazed buttermilk bars.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member

That'll shake the *kitten* outta you in no time! :love:
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    I cleanse my face with olive, castor, and tea tree oils. Works like a charm. I cleanse my stinky parts with Zest.
  • ymhand
    ymhand Posts: 188
    Lemon Cleanse, I do not know the facts. I have about 100 lemons on my kitchen counter from my grandma's tree. I should probably look into it myself.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member

The angle of your picture is freaking me out. You're messing with my perspective and I don't like it.
  • MattGetsMad
    MattGetsMad Posts: 429 Member
    Lemon Cleanse, I do not know the facts. I have about 100 lemons on my kitchen counter from my grandma's tree. I should probably look into it myself.

Lemon cleanse is the best, but it's really hard to squeeze the juice of 100 lemons into your eyes...

I have no idea if that is how to do the cleanse, but it's probably just as effective.

6921816.png
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Everyone keeps talking about these different cleanses (juice cleanse, etc.).

who? if you see threads, then maybe i'm not on the boards as much as i think i am. and the cleanse threads i see usually have ppl popping up saying not to do it.

my three female cousins tried some weird cleanse for 40 days, and they lost tons of weight, plus hair. their skin also looked like garbage, and their overall attitude was horrible.

oh, and they gained it all back in about two weeks back on regular food.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Castor Oil?? *LOL*
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member

The angle of your picture is freaking me out. You're messing with my perspective and I don't like it.

Gee. And i thought everyone would appreciate an "upskirt" shot.
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Burt's Bees Extra Energizing Citrus and Ginger Root body wash - lather up on a poufy thing and scrub down. Smells great and leaves your skin soft but not dry. It's my favorite cleanse, especially after the gym!
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    As said by others, you do not and should not do a "cleanse". They do nothing for your body and could actually be harmful. Eat healthy and your body will take care of itself.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Please do look into it. Try Googling "lemon cleanse myth", and check out the info from credible sources that are not trying to sell you on it. :flowerforyou:
  • ymhand
    ymhand Posts: 188
    Please do look into it. Try Googling "lemon cleanse myth", and check out the info from credible sources that are not trying to sell you on it. :flowerforyou:

Yeah , I'll probably just stick to lemon wedges in my ice water or nice warm cup of water with lemon.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    I'm in agreement with letting your body do it's job. It's an amazing skilled machine
  • Twins2007
    Twins2007 Posts: 236 Member
    Hey there,

I agree with everyone else about cleasning...However I can understand where you might be coming from...You are right...People talk about cleasning like it is the "IT" thing to get your body feeling AMAZING...

I tried to do the "cayenne pepper/lemonade" one and managed...ONE DAY!

I was so dizzy and felt so out of it...It was awful!

*Thanks Beyonce for making it look so wonderful...Sigh*

The only thing I would suggest (And I am NOT expert!) would be to eat clean...Veggies, fruits, NOTHING processed, eliminate coffee, soda and drink LOTS of water...

Basically...What I should be doing...;)

JUst wanted to let you know you are NOT the only one thinking about it...!

E