Protein shake for women

Options
Sepa
Sepa Posts: 243 Member
Hi all.

I really want to start using a protein shake to see if it will aid my weightloss and help with my muscles. Can anyone recommend one that That have used and is helpful to women.

Many thanks in advanced for your help! :happy:

Replies

• maletac
    maletac Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    soy protein increases your estrogen.. but i dont think they have protein shakes divided by sex :\
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    Any kind of whey protein.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    hhhhhmm of course there is protein shakes for women....
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    Last I heard women are of the same species as men so you should be fine with any protein.
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I like eas whey protein
    or for quick on the go grab a Muscle Milk light
  • MattGetsMad
    MattGetsMad Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Topic: Protein Shake For Women

lol, really?

No one else said it yet?

6921816.png
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    When you buy regular food like eggs, chicken, milk, do you look for the women's version? :)
  • caveats
    caveats Posts: 493 Member
    Options

lol, really?

No one else said it yet?

You're a dirty, dirty boy.

We might have thought it, but some of us are polite enough not to say it out loud. ;);)
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteousreused
    Options

lol, really?

No one else said it yet?

Said what?
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Hemp!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    When you buy regular food like eggs, chicken, milk, do you look for the women's version? :)

Yes. My eggs & milk are pink and have boobies.
  • hikeout470
    hikeout470 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I think she is referring to not wanting to bulk up like some protein shakes offer. Like "weight Gain". Look for something like muscle milk naturals for a good portion size (around 20g protein) Stay away from massive amounts of protein.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Any kind of whey protein.

^^^ This
  • MattGetsMad
    MattGetsMad Posts: 429 Member
    Options

lol, really?

No one else said it yet?

We might have thought it, but some of us are polite enough not to say it out loud. ;);)

Yes, I have no filter. Much worse in person.

In all seriousness try some spirulina.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I think she is referring to not wanting to bulk up like some protein shakes offer. Like "weight Gain". Look for something like muscle milk naturals for a good portion size (around 20g protein) Stay away from massive amounts of protein.
    Total nonsense here. Eating a lot of protein will not bulk you up.
  • lisafred24
    lisafred24 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I have used and like both of these

Advocare - Vanilla
    Oh Yeah - Vanilla Creme (tastes like cake batter)
  • caveats
    caveats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Hi all.

I really want to start using a protein shake to see if it will aid my weightloss and help with my muscles. Can anyone recommend one that That have used and is helpful to women.

Many thanks in advanced for your help! :happy:

To answer your question seriously though, OP, whey protein is the most "friendly" for those unused to taking protein supplements. It mixes REALLY well in milk (go figure).

I would go find some whey protein isolate in a flavor you like and mix it up with 12 oz. of milk (in fact, you can find "Pure Protein" brand at Target stores and it's relatively okay. Not the best, but for the price, it's great.) If you get chocolate flavor, it'll be like drinking chocolate milk -- decadent, but not really. :)

I also have soy protein isolate and rice protein at home, both in vanilla flavor. I use the soy in baking and other recipes (pancakes, crepes, etc.) The rice protein is kind of just rotting on the shelf ... really disgusting in texture. :(
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options

Excessive calories make you gain weight - whether it comes from protein, carbs or fat.

If you are going to do a protein shake, get one that fits in your calorie budget with the most amount of protein. It just doesn't make sense to buy a protein supplement that is filled with carbs.

I use Trader Joe's soy vanilla because it's cheap and I still have a lot. Protein is protein and is not gender specific.
  • maletac
    maletac Posts: 767 Member
    Options

lol, really?

No one else said it yet?

BAHAHAHHAH EWWWWW AHHAHAHAH HAHAHAHHA HAHAHAH EEEEWWWWW i just got that
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    soy protein increases your estrogen.. but i dont think they have protein shakes divided by sex :\

And increased estrogen levels may increase risk for breast cancer. So if sex was an issue in the protein shake world, this would be the reason.

Any other source would be just fine.