Hello, goodbye, hello...again cellulite.

Options
I started my weight loss journey when I was 256lbs. I had quite a bit of cellulite. When I lost about 20 lbs it seemed as though my cellulite had decreased alot. Well now I have lost a total of 41 lbs and it's back. What the heck??? I don't understand. I go walking daily and I have recently started aerobics too. Anyone else have this problem???

Replies

• berv0009
    berv0009 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    "Cellulite is that lovely lumpy, dimpled, irregular fat that can be found on the hips, thighs and buttocks of 85% of women...skinny women, obese women, young women, and old women – as well as a small percentage of men. Cellulite can occur at any time from puberty through old age, and most of us are already well acquainted...."

I think that sums it up -- it can happen to all sorts of people at different ages, shapes etc.

I am at my goal weight. For the most part, I follow a pretty good diet and I am a 4-5 times a week cardio girl. I still have it.

So, I would like to say it's possible for you to lose it, but I guess you never know!!!

GOOD LUCK!
  • merB89
    merB89 Posts: 122
    Options
    I think the only reason we think people don't have cellulite is because we see so many airbrushed pictures of models with out it. I'm fit and I still have it. BUT if you find an answer, please do share! ;) congrats on your success so far!
  • hazleyes81
    hazleyes81 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Predisposition is hereditary, so its likely that you will always have it to some degree. Maintaining hydration and building muscle to keep the area firm can help.
  • berv0009
    berv0009 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I think the only reason we think people don't have cellulite is because we see so many airbrushed pictures of models with out it. I'm fit and I still have it. BUT if you find an answer, please do share! ;) congrats on your success so far!

Agreed!!! :)
  • keiraev
    keiraev Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I am less than 120lbs and still have it, it doesn't go away, it just looks a bit less noticeable- oh and you are right , it does seem to magically appear and disappear, what's that all about?! I've actually learnt to live with it now, it's only gonna get worse with age so may aswell accept it!:grumble: :laugh:
  • rainedays86
    rainedays86 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    It's so weird as I lose weight things just keep shifting around. One minute I am like "Okay my body isn't too horrible" to then " Oh my gosh! What the heck happened!!" It's frustrating. 20 lbs ago my butt was still big but it was round. Now it's looking more flat and dimply. And I have noticed stretch marks that had lightened that are now starting to reappear. I regret ever allowing myself to be big, I have caused so much damage to my body. I guess it's more important to be healthy rather than have a bikini body. Guess I am just having one of those frumpy days. blah.