help! gym vs. calories.

Options
2»

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    if you workout 7 days a week at the gym ~would i still be sedentary or active. I am a housewife. I lift some weights and use the treadmill at least and hour at day.

I would actually consider you lightly active since your probably clean and more throughout the day. But what i would really suggest to you is drop 3 days of cardio and do weight training. Muscle burns fat. The more lean muscle mass the faster your metabolism is and the more calories your body burns. And you really should take one day off from the gym so your muscle can repair.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I agree with the Lemon. :smile: I think of sedentary as Peg Bundy sitting on the couch eating bon-bons all day. I work part-time from home, so I'm mostly a housewife, and call myself lightly active. I'm not as active as when I was a vet tech and on my feet all day, lugging around dogs, cats and pet supplies, but I'm more active than when I was a code-monkey and sitting 8 hours straight.

It's all depends on the individual, but I had better results and felt better with the calories I got from being lightly active than I did as sedentary. (Plus exercise calories, of course!)