Six months and 75 pounds later - pictures

Options
JethroXP
JethroXP Posts: 49 Member
I started using MyFitnessPal in May 2011. I weighed about 250 pounds. Over the course of six months I was able to drop 75 pounds by sticking to the auto-calculated "2 pounds per week" in the Goals section. Due to a knee injury many years ago I didn't do any running, just walking on a treadmill. I started out at 3 mph, flat, for about 20 minutes, 3 times per week. I slowly got faster, added incline, and more time. By the time I had lost 75 pounds I was walking at 4 mph, 5% incline, for 75 minutes 6 times per week. I was also doing some pushups, situps, squats, and arm curls with 10 pound dumbbells. I have only recently discovered the Elliptical trainer, so much more fun than the treadmill, and I'm able to burn about 20% more calories in 60 minutes that I was in 75 minutes on the treadmill. At work we are required to wear photo ID badges. After six months and 75 pounds my appearance changed enough that I had to get a new photo done. The first photo is me in May 2011 at 250 pounds, the next is me six months later at 175 pounds.
Jason_April_2011.pngJason_December_2011.png

Replies

• Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job!!!

BTW, to post your pics, copy the "IMG" code from Photobucket but change the letters to IMG letters to lowercase.
  • JethroXP
    JethroXP Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Case sensitive, who knew? :smile:
  • lublin1987
    Options
    WOW! Amazing job!
  • jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Man oh man! What an amazing change in you. You busted buns losing that much in 6 months, great job!!!
  • swchapman
    Options
    Wow you look great.Keep up the hard work.Great commitment on your healthy life change.:smile:
  • PRprincess
    PRprincess Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! Thanks for sharing!
  • DeniseAS
    Options
    Awesome you look great!
  • TiffyC828
    TiffyC828 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    wow..what an amazing difference! Keep up the great work!
  • justanotherbrickinthewall
    Options
    Amazing job! You look so different and more youthful too!
  • SnazzyTraveller
    SnazzyTraveller Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Wow! Why can't we all lose 75lbs in six months! You're very inspiring! Congrats!
  • smithfive
    smithfive Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congrats!!
  • CorinthiaB
    CorinthiaB Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look good!
  • spitfire1962
    spitfire1962 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Congratulations on your weight loss! Thanks for posting and inspiring us. :)
  • AmyMooreOrLess
    AmyMooreOrLess Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You should be VERY proud. You look superb!
  • jennykcmo
    jennykcmo Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, what a difference just in your face! Your new badge photo is even significantly different than your MFP profile photo. :) Way to go with your progress. I love that your story is very simple and based on just doing what you can do, and then sticking with it and increasing it over time. So cool !!
  • jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Wow! Why can't we all lose 75lbs in six months! You're very inspiring! Congrats!
    No kidding!
  • jbosey
    jbosey Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Tremendous work! I bet you FEEL so much lighter with so much more energy! Question...besides being able to burn more calories in the same amount of time, why do you enjoy the elliptical trainer so much more than the treadmill? Ive never been on one to compare.
  • Purrfectjen
    Purrfectjen Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    WTG :D You look Great!!!
  • m1shootr
    m1shootr Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Just curious. I'm starting at the same weight, and doing the 2lbs./wk. How many calories did you burn on the average workout, and did you eat them? Keep up the great work! Good job.
  • MissMollieK
    MissMollieK Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    you look like a different person! amazing job! Great dedication:)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!