HCG- Yahoo

Options
On Yahoo there is an article called Diets that don't work. I'm against dieting just because it has the word die in it. ( Just joking..sort of)
It talked about the HCG diet and I know I've seen threads of people asking about it so I figured I'd pass it along. The full article link is at the bottom.

The Basics: This diet is an intense, 40-day, 500-calorie diet consisting of vegetables, fruits, and two meals of 3.5 ounces of protein alongside injections of HCG, a hormone found in pregnant women. The theory is that it will create some symptoms of pregnancy, such as nausea from morning sickness, to help control your desire to eat. While injections aren’t the only way HCG is distributed (there are tablets, etc.), it is believed that the injection method is the only one that is of any benefit.

Why It Won't Work: “This is a completely unsafe method of losing weight. A 500-calorie diet is considered unsafe because it is so hypo-caloric that it could never meet your needs,” explains Bock. Plus, he goes on to say that there is no proof that the hormone itself will help you lose weight.

http://health.yahoo.net/articles/weight-loss/photos/6-diets-dont-work#1

Replies