Looking for people who are clean eaters

Options
vs1023
vs1023 Posts: 417 Member
Hey out there!! I like to eat clean and I'm looking for people who have the same mindset. My diary is open and I'd hope others did the same.

Replies

• M3CH4N1C
    M3CH4N1C Posts: 157
    Options
    I think that if you look at the world around us, slowly but surely our food freedoms are being chipped away at buy big business and corporate greed. I wish to eat cleanly as well. The new Senate Bill S.3002 Dietary Supplement Safety Act claims to have good intentions but will drastically change the way you choose to be healthy. Basically nutritional supplements will be regulated to the point of being illegal without prescription. Enforced by DEA and FDA as the lines between drugs and vitamins become blurred. Go to a website called Citizens Speaking Out for Health, www.csofh.com and get involved if you want to keep this health freedom. There is still action to be taken. Spread the word. Call or write your local legislators and tell them how you feel.

Also GMO foods are being slowly pushed into peoples diets more and more. Go to www.ResponsibleTechnology.com. This site talks about how are own government scientists from the FDA have warned that GM foods can create unpredictable, hard-to-detect side effects. Including allergies, toxins, new diseases, nutritional problems. They urged long-term safety studies, but were ignored. GM foods on the market include soy, corn, canola, cotton, sugar beets. There is a genetically modified Hawaiian papaya. There are zucchini and yellow squash engineered to resist plant virus. There is evidence that GMOs create growth problems in rats, along with sterility problems, liver problems, allergy problems.

I'm looking for people who are clean eaters too because soon they're gonna be an endangered species. Eating a healthy diet is already becoming expensive. Soon people won't be able to afford it. You'll have to settle for the GMO because it will fit in your budget. I also recommend www.Naturalnews.com. They have some info that is interesting to say the least.

Eating healthy, with foods like fresh vegetables and fruits, are being pronounced as having immune boosting, cancer/sickness fighting mineral, vitamin, and phytochemicals. The phytochemicals are so amazing that scientists haven't even discovered them all yet, let alone know what they can do. Then they start genetically modifying them. That can't be good. Fighting for our food freedoms is more important than ever.
  • vs1023
    Options
    Yup I'm well aware! I love naturalnews too. :) I go to farmers markets and in April will start using csa.
  • M3CH4N1C
    M3CH4N1C Posts: 157
    Options
    Your so cool vs1023. Can we be friends
  • vs1023
    Options
    :laugh: Totally!
  • vs1023
    Options
    Bump, anyone? Bueller?
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,319 Member
    Options
    So.. you're saying you are for, or against, the 'Two Second Rule'?
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options

I thought it was the "Ten Second Rule" :laugh:
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    I would argue whether Vitatops are "clean"... :flowerforyou:
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,319 Member
    Options

It varies. Here its 'Has the dog licked it yet?' rule.
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I would say I eat cleaner than...about 98% of the people on the planet. LOL.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I would argue whether Vitatops are "clean"... :flowerforyou:

when I first saw your profile picture, I thought "wow, she has tiny boobs." and then I realized that it was a man in your picture. Now I feel much better about thinking that you had tiny boobs.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I always wash my food.
  • fallenangelloves
    fallenangelloves Posts: 601 Member
    Options

Or did anyone see him lick it?

I eat as clean as possible... But there are definitely some areas I would like to improve on!
  • Nikkie_too
    Nikkie_too Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I'd say I'm a "tidy" eater... but not super-clean. I do try to minimize processed stuff, and I cook a lot. From scratch! I even have a weekly produce delivery that brings locally-grown foods to my door. (Well, less local stuff in the winter since I'm in Ohio, but still mostly organic/conventionally grown... I love it! )
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Define clean.
  • javamonster
    javamonster Posts: 272 Member
    Options

Actually it's the five-second rule. I know because I have a degree in Food Science. :laugh: And you've got to be quick if you're going to beat the dog to it in five seconds (for any dog worth his or her salt. :wink: )
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    The cup of fries in that article looks delicious.
  • samb
    samb Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I eat mostly vegetables and meat/eggs/cheese (high protein/low carb sources) most of the week and some fruit and nuts as snacks once in a while and once a week or so I will have a somewhat free day, focusing still on the vegetables and meat, but also allow myself to "indulge" in other carb based foods (gluten free pasta/bread/etc). I do my best to eat locally grown/raised and organic foods. My diary is not public as I have a lot of personal information on mine, however, feel free to send me a message if you have any questions, etc. And feel free to add me as well, just be sure to write in the message you found me here bc I am not really accepting new FRs :)
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I eat clean with allowances only for treats I can afford.
    The results speak for itself:
    lost 64 lbs - almost 20% body fat and down from 46 pants to 36

Losing weight is simple but hard.

I lose one pound a week eating around 3000 calories daily - a lot but so too is my activity level.
    It works.