30 day shred. Gonna try it... Tips?

Options
Ok so. Decided to get out of my usual routine and try the 30 day shred. Anyone tried it and how did it work for you?? Would you suggest I completely stop the gym workouts while doing this DVD exercise or should I do both during the 30!? Thanks!

Replies

• moniquelessard
    Options
    bump, just ordered it online as a gift to myself. Would be interested in any replies also :)
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    My wife love's it!
  • xoSundaydrive
    Options
    I tried it a year ago, and I only made it 3 days. That made me so sad, and I felt weak. I am growing now and I am ready for this change. I found my dvd a few days ago, and I am on working on getting through it! I wish you luck! Keep at it! You can do it! :)
  • SusanMcAvoy
    SusanMcAvoy Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    bump. I'm hoping to read some responses too. I'm very curious about it.
  • paulagabay
    Options
    I find it is best to add extra cardio like walking to it. It is a great workout.
  • Angelie28
    Angelie28 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I did it for 13 days before i pulled a muscle and I had to stop for a bit (muscle was pulled by running not 30 day shred btw so you dont get scared lol) but I would do the shred and go running too. It's only 27 mins total including the warm ups and I just didn't find that was enough for me. You are going to feel pushed but its very short, it all depends on your fitness level and how much exercise your comfortable doing which will determine whether you want to add something supplementary to it
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    put jillian on mute. she's annoying.
  • Fayve
    Fayve Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Just keep going day after day :) Yes, you're going to be sore on day two, perhaps day three onwards, but unless you're injuring yourself, just keep at it and the 30 days will be over before you know it !
  • girlnamedlee
    girlnamedlee Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Jillian freaking kicked my butt when I was doing it, but I feel like it worked. The immediate payoff was having muscles I don't normally even know are there feel tired. It also boosted my endurance for other workouts after a couple weeks of doing it, which gave me a great sense of accomplishment.
  • babyshme
    babyshme Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I am doing this now. I love it! If you are not use to working out as all, it will kick your butt. By day 10 of level 1, I was bored and so glad for level 2. Some works out I can NOT do because of my knees. Just hurts them way to much. So I pick a different work out and do that. Like the jump rope. So I will do a CRAP ton of jump and jacks.

I do 30ds a long with 30 - 60 minutes on my bike.
  • Maidei
    Maidei Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the Shred right now. Just finished level 2 day 20 today. I do the shred in the evening before dinner everyday between 5 and 6pm. On top of that I do an additional 30-60mins of cardio 5 days a week early in the morning between 5 and 6am. And I feel fine. Not over worked at all. Some people manage to do the shred and additional cardio back to back, but I give it 8-12hrs in between my cardio workout and the shred. That way I am fully energized to do the shred. Hope that helps. Good luck with ur Shred Journey!