I am my healthier self

There is a television advertisement playing in our state at the moment about meeting your healthier self. It's meant to motivate people to improve their health through diet and exercise.

I'm not all the way there yet but I have definitely met my healthier self this year! I've gone from 149kg to 98kg (and counting). I can exercise and enjoy it - like today's 67km bike ride. My blood pressure is down, my knees don't ache constantly, I can buy clothes and shoes from the normal part of the store. My face is thinner than my husband's - for the first time ever and we've been married almost 28 years.

For once, I actually understand what these adverts are trying to tell us. Still not sure than an advert would have ever motivated me to take charge of my life but maybe they will help someone. And if I met that person, I would tell them that it is definitely worth it!

Replies

• ygglove
    ygglove Posts: 102 Member
    I understand what you mean, and congratulations on the weight loss (:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!