trying something new...

Options
Hello!! I'm Shawn. I'm not normally a "blogger" nor am I a person who communicates my feelings and thoughts well with others. I'm a quite, keep it to myself kind of person. :noway: However, I know I need help to lose my weight and I finally realize there are people out there who understand how I feel. I have a lot of weight to lose to get down to my goal weight, but I'm trying to take it one day at a time. I'm tired of being embarassed :embarassed: by myself (my appearance). So a big part of my weight loss journey is to remember that this weight loss is for me and that my weight does not define the type of person that I am.

Well good luck to everyone and I'll write again!!! :happy:

Replies

• leshawnturner
    Options
    Hello!! I'm Shawn. I'm not normally a "blogger" nor am I a person who communicates my feelings and thoughts well with others. I'm a quite, keep it to myself kind of person. :noway: However, I know I need help to lose my weight and I finally realize there are people out there who understand how I feel. I have a lot of weight to lose to get down to my goal weight, but I'm trying to take it one day at a time. I'm tired of being embarassed :embarassed: by myself (my appearance). So a big part of my weight loss journey is to remember that this weight loss is for me and that my weight does not define the type of person that I am.

Well good luck to everyone and I'll write again!!! :happy:
  • YankeesGirl
    YankeesGirl Posts: 1,359
    Options
    Welcome!! :flowerforyou:

I just started here myself last week and I'll tell you - this site is a God send! So many great people here to help keep you motivated and to give advice. You will do great!!! The first step is the hard one - deciding to do something about your weight!!!

:happy:
  • mgullette
    mgullette Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Hi Shawn!

I love how you realized that it's ok to open up and let people know how you feel.

Trying something new? I LOVE it.

Different is good. I think I'll have some more of different.:smile:

Good luck with your goals.

M
  • Cloe
    Cloe Posts: 435
    Options
    Best of luck to you, we are all in this together. You can do this, we can do this.:flowerforyou:
  • kaybeau
    kaybeau Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    sending you a big hiya! Also not a big blogger but here goes!
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard! This is a very supportive atmosphere, and a great New Start for yourself! Welcome aboard!
  • artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Welcome Shawn!

I would say most of us, or at least me, are exactly like you, kinda shy & not really the blogger type. However, I must warn you, you'll be blogging & messaging more than you can imagine before you know it! it's highly addictive!

You're going to have an amazing, rewarding journey! Best of luck!
  • debmac63
    debmac63 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome to MFP! I too had 100 pounds to lose and am now half way there. Of the 50 pounds I've lost, 30 of them have been since I joined this site last July. Be honest when you log your food and exercise and you can't help but lose weight. Good luck on the journey and don't get discouraged...weight loss will come.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love this site if you don't already. I love this site so much. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.