IN DESPARATE NEED OF HELP

Options
2»

Replies

• gailashton
    Options
    You can do this, but it has to be a lifestyle change. It's not a diet, it's not about deprivation. It's about sensible choices, exercise and all the support you get here. It's about holding yourself accountable for every day and everything. Last year I lost 50 pounds, gained it all back and then some. So far this year i've lost 77 pounds and have another 15 to 20 before my goal. If I can do it, anyone can do it. This time I am determined that I am not going to go up again. If you stop doing what works of course it's going to come back. You have to find the strength within you to get past whatever it is that makes you go back to that place. Getting to a healthy weight will do wonders for your body and your brain. I never imaged 8 months ago that I could feel this good, this energetic and this healthy! Pound by pound, day by day, we can all do this, be strong and be healthy! Now get on with this girl, this is your time to do it once and for all! Lets do it together......
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    you just gotta start over. Nothing for it. Going off the deep end won't fix anything ... unless it's a really hot day. EVERYBODY has good days & bad days... ok, bad months.
    Just gotta get back on the horse. It's a LIFE journey- a learning experience.

Don't stress- worry about it after New Years- I'm SURE there will be plenty of challenge groups after the holiday. I'll do the 30 day shred in February, April & June if you want to join me. I do it every month that has 30 days (and Feb) these are coincidentally also pre-swimsuit & pre-holiday months so it works out well

Merry Christmas!
  • shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Just want to add...do not eliminate ANYthing from your diet. Deprivation tends to lead to binge eating. Everything in moderation.
  • ReverendJim
    ReverendJim Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Don't live in the past. What happened, happened. Today is the first day of the rest of your life! Just do it! You know you can! And we're all here to help you! :)
  • Julie2402
    Options
    Hi, totally know how you feel, 9 years ago i lost 2 1/2 stone, i felt great and had loads more confidence, then i just put it all back on plus more!! I don't know why i allowed myself to but i did. Has anything happened in your life to want you to comfort eat etc? Comfort eating is a common cause for weight gain. What you shouldn't do is dwell too much, tell yourself today is a new start and keep looking forward, with determination you can do it again and learn from your mistakes. I wish you all the best, feel free to add me.
  • traceracer
    traceracer Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    You can do this, but it has to be a lifestyle change. It's not a diet, it's not about deprivation. It's about sensible choices, exercise and all the support you get here. It's about holding yourself accountable for every day and everything. Last year I lost 50 pounds, gained it all back and then some. So far this year i've lost 77 pounds and have another 15 to 20 before my goal. If I can do it, anyone can do it. This time I am determined that I am not going to go up again. If you stop doing what works of course it's going to come back. You have to find the strength within you to get past whatever it is that makes you go back to that place. Getting to a healthy weight will do wonders for your body and your brain. I never imaged 8 months ago that I could feel this good, this energetic and this healthy! Pound by pound, day by day, we can all do this, be strong and be healthy! Now get on with this girl, this is your time to do it once and for all! Lets do it together......
    ^^^ This
  • katharine1980
    katharine1980 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: thanks everyone. All of your words mean alot, and your all right. i have been punishing myself , and making it worse, and making excuses. I made a promise to myself, that today was the day to start and take charge of my life. :heart::heart::heart:
  • TGomo
    TGomo Posts: 35
    Options
    Have so been there! I had gained about 50 pounds during my early 20s and then lost 60 and maintained for about 3 years. Over the last 13 years, I gained 110 pounds and have yoyo'd for years! If someone would have told me that I would have ever weighed as much I did - no way would that have ever happened. Granted, back then, I had no children, I worked out 1-2 hours daily - used to run 5+ miles and lift, was on a golf league, had a sales job where I was moving all the time. Then life stepped in and I let it all go. Moved out of state - got a desk job - got in a funk - gained 50, had a pretty tramatic childbirth and could not work out for over 2 years - gained another 40, second child years later - gained another 20. Fact is - I did this to myself. Everyone has hardships, everyone has parties, holidays, etc. For years now, I have been full of excuses as to why I just couldn't do this. The one thing I learned - maintenance is just as much work - if not harder - than losing it. I am realistic in my weight loss goals now as my life does not allow for a 2 hour work out during a day, but I am committed to getting healthy and staying healthy. No looking back! This site is so great - I continually read the message boards for motivation. You have been successful once - you know you can do it again. Remember - If hunger is not the problem - food is not the solution. Also, it IS hard - but is so, so worth it and you know it!! We are all here for you!

One blog that I read really made me think about my journey and how this is for life - not just until that number I want appears. Check it out - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/diaryoffatdad/view/why-i-will-not-win-my-battle-with-obesity-176411

His words were moving! Great read!
  • mabug01
    mabug01 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    bump