Why do you gain weight after a carb/sugar binge?

Options
2»

Replies

• servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Another important point it to try to keep the carbs balanced throughout the day. Your carbs should look like this
    rather than this vvvvv. That keeps your glucose on an even keel and keeps your body from trying to play defense. That's why people who skip breakfast often have trouble losing.

Sorry this is wrong. I didn't eat breakast until recently and lost a lot of weight ("a lot" is relative - I didn't have much to lose to begin with). Unless someone has blood sugar issues it doesn't matter when you eat throughout the day and it doesn't matter when you get your carbs in. I had a 1300 cal dinner last night spread out from 8pm-1am) :) And shock I am down a pound!
  • iKristine
    iKristine Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    It's water unless you ate 17500 calories over your maintenance in two days....

HAHA True
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Another important point it to try to keep the carbs balanced throughout the day. Your carbs should look like this
    rather than this vvvvv. That keeps your glucose on an even keel and keeps your body from trying to play defense. That's why people who skip breakfast often have trouble losing.

nope

I limit carbs a bit - 55% of total macro.

I find that I lack energy trying to go any lower.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options

100% false. It's a total myth. People who skip breakfast don't have trouble losing weight. As for blood glucose,it's irrelevant to how you eat your carbs, your body regulates your blood glucose level automatically, you don't need to eat a certain way for it to happen.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,714 Member
    Options
    I've been doing GREAT lately and then my daughter and I made some cupcakes for her bday and unfortunately, the cupcakes got the best of me! :mad: :explode:

That was on Thursday and now I'm up 5lbs! Is this fat or water rention and if it is water then why so much? How can I get rid of it and get back to normal and how long will this take?

I'm so angry at myself!!!!!

Thanks so much guys!

PS. I've been following a low carb diet 50-75g/day but this sugar/carb binge put me waaaaaaaaaaaaay over for the day.
    Your glycogen storage was depleted. Now it's full again.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,714 Member
    Options
    Not true. This is a misunderstanding and scientific studies has proved it to be in error.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition