anyone use this
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    never heard of it???
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I've heard of it - but I think you will be fine just using a small plate (like a salad plate) instead of the larger dinner plats and make sure you have lots of veggies, some lean protein and little carbs.
  • happenstance82
    Options
    I think I've heard of it...is it the portion plate? I'm with MollyK though...when I dish up my lunch or dinner, I fill half the plate with veggies, the other half of the plate is split between the protein and the starch/carbs.
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Yep I'm with them too. Since I started weighing my meat before freezing, it would look pretty lonely on a salad plare w/no veggies:laugh: For example, today we (bf and I) had two 4 oz portions of skirt steak (detrimmed of any fat) along with a kebob of veggies like red pepper, onion, summer squash and mushrooms..........plus a cup of broccoli with a 1/4 cup of fat free cheddar and not only was it super filling but super yummy (I grilled the steak, marinated in Walden Farms, calorie free sugar free balsamic vinegarette).
  • nevertellen34
    Options
    Yeah I was looking at this portion plate. Theres a report here in Canada that it helped people lose weight. Heres a link to what I am talking about http://www.cbc.ca/canada/calgary/story/2007/06/25/portion-dishes.html
    They talk about how it helped people with diabetes.
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    We have a couple salad size plates running our house (mainly for my mom) but they are considerably smaller then traditional plates.