How much do you work out??

Options

Replies

• mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I vary my workouts a lot, but I aim for 5-6 days a week and one rest day.

My workouts include:

25 min HIIT, 20 min heavy lifting 5 minute cooldown

Long runs on treadmill (Today was 4 miles)

Walks (sometimes a little jogging) with the dogs - they need exercise too :smile:

None of these normally take more than 50 or 60 minutes.
    I think my varied workouts really help me keep motivated.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    3-4 days a week, 30-40 minutes per session. Even mix of strength and cardio (never on the same day.) REally, to maintain fitness levels, you don't really need to do more than that, at least according to most studies I've read.
  • Klein1475
    Klein1475 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I have a personal trainer game on my PS3 that kicks my butt... Stretching, step aerobics, cardio boxing, stregnth training, weights, running, crunches, planks, cool down and warm ups, etc.... It's set up so your body never get use to it... It is a different set of work outs everytime... I have not hit a plateau yet... love it...

I forgot to add this...

**I work out with the game 4 days a week... Usually takes about an hour with "show me how" added so u do the moves correctly...
    **I bowl once a week for about 2 hours....
    **1 rest day on Saturday to let my muscles recover...
    **On Sunday I sweat so much scrubbing this house getting ready for the next week it's not funny...
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    i shoot for everyday. i can do in my house so i do at my leisure lol i try to burn 5000 cals a week :)
    like to do 45 or more mins a day
    running is hard for me but im getting there
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I work out at the gym 6-7 days a week. 30-40 minutes of cardio and every other day strength training for 15-30 minutes. My day off is the day that I only walk the dogs and skip the gym, but I am still walking them 2-2 1/2 miles at a 3.7-3.9 mph pace. I like working out, though I do feel like I have a slight addiction to it because I feel terribly guilty on my day off.
  • Mompanda4
    Mompanda4 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I work out 1.5 to 2 hrs 5-6 days a week. Mostly cardio (stair master, elliptical, stationary bike and sometimes the treadmill.) (need to burn off a lot of fat first)

I will be adding strength training in the new year.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    5-6 days a week. One bodypart a day for weight training and 30-60 minutes of cardio a day. My lifting sessions are about 20-40 minutes depending the the program I choose that month.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Heather2784
    Heather2784 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I just started working out again recently, and do about an hour of cardio and 30 minutes of strength. I split the cardio up though. Usually about 40 minutes to start and then after my strength I do another twenty minutes or so. I read that doing that will help relieve some of the soreness from the strength. I do this 5 days a week.
  • Zen_Master_B
    Options
    I probably work out like 10-15 hours a week. Just lifting weight 4 times a week and playing basketball for now.
  • honor82
    Options
    I workout 6 times a week. Low impact for now until I get to about 140, then I'm going to push for higher intensity workouts.
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Anything from 4-6 days a week. I was doing 5 days of weights and one day of cardio, at the moment I've started crossfit twice a wek, with 2-3 other days straight lifting. In the summer when I'm not working I workout twice a day- cardio in the morning, weights in the evening 5-6 days a week.
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I workout 2 hours each day - rest day every 10 days or when I feel I need one.
    I do 90 minutes of cardio daily - 30 minutes of something intense, and 60 minutes of low impact.

I also perform 30 minutes of high rep, moderate weight resistance, body weight calisthenics or machines at a gym. Every 2 weeks I try to change up what I do just to shock the body.
    I swap out cardio on days I play a 3 out of 5 tennis match or swim 5 miles [90 minutes].

I have lost 64 lbs, lowered body fat from35% to 18%, reduced pants size from 46 down to 36.
    This works wonders for me.

All Is Possible!
  • gorgeouss9
    Options
    i can't stand the gym.. i go outside and take long walks during the week.. i also do some yoga (don't log those), and i have plenty of dumbells at home to do my own weight lifting exercises (also dont log those in).
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I don't think I do that much.....

I usually work out for 1-2 hours a day, 6-7 days a week ..... I do strength training 2-3 days a week, and then I do a mix of different cardio (walking uphill, elliptical, stairclimber, bike).... sometimes I throw in a circuit training class or pitaiyo (yoga/pilates/tai chi).
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    3-4 days a week. Heavy weights every other day. Every once in awhile I do some medium-intensity cardio or bodyweight exercise on a rest day but that's rare.
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    Navy PT monday, wednesday friday from 0600-0700
    6 days a week I work with a trainer for about and hour and a half each session, about 30-40 min cardio and the rest is weight training, calisthenics, hitting/kicking focus pads etc.

I'm like you OP, when I first started I thought I was doing a lot, but I've worked up to this point so far and it feels good, Now it feels odd to do less (although I'd be ok if the mandatory PT sessions at 0600 stopped).
  • Classalete
    Classalete Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    6 days a week. 60 minutes a session, alternating days of weight training and low impact cardio. (cutting)

6 days a week. 60-90 minutes per session, 4 days weight training, 2 days low impact cardio. (gaining)
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    i do around 9-10 hours a week.
    1hr boxing, 30 mins weights / 30 mins swimming mon & thurs
    45 mins - 1hr running & cross trainer / 30 mins Kettlebells / 30 mins swimming wed
    45 mins spinning / 30 mins swimming fri
    45 mins - 1hr running & cross trainer / 30 mins weights / 30 mins swimming sat
    tues and thurs off
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    i usually go to the gym 1-2 xs a week, do walking 2-3xs a week, and do workout tapes and strength training 1-2xs a week, in all i get a workout in 5-6 days a week and take 1-2 days off....it seems to be working I have lost 90lbs though the weight loss is becoming slower and slower i think after the holidays i need to amp it up a little......
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    I try to aim for 2 hours a day, 5 days a week (cardio, resistance, circuit training, etc). On my so called REST days, I put in at least 25 minutes of cardio only. Strength training is done 4 times a week--- 2 days for leg resistance and 2 for arms..