30DS and Ripped in 30... at the same time?

Options
For all you girls and guys who have done both of these, do you reckon it is possible/advisable to do both programmes at the same time?
as thye are only about 20 minutes long i was thinking of doing one in the morning and one at night (i sit on my bum all day at work, plenty of time to recover).
from what ive heard on these boards they dont burn up much calories per session so if you do both will it be better or would you just start to get WAY to tired when it comes to doing the higher levels?
any info would be appreciated

.s, i also live in a country town, which means i cant get out much. i only have 2ld weights at home, any idea for upping the weights and how could i do this? or is 2lbs enough? i doubt it

Replies

• deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I don't know, but I am interested to see the replies.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    when i did 30ds i used 5-8lb weights, and burned about 250 calories each time. there were a few days that i doubled up on that, so i dont think doing 30ds and Ri30 would be too difficult as long as youre eating enough and dont feel too weak.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    I am plannin to do 30 day shred in Jan. It'll gonna be my 2nd workout of the day... In the mornings I am gonna hit the gym and in the evenings I will do the 30 day shred... Like you said it's only 20 minutes long just space them out so you give your body a lil time to rest between workouts and eat to fuel so you don't feel drained!!!
  • taxidermist15
    taxidermist15 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    day one starts tommrow.

30 day shred in morning (730)
    ripped in 30 in arvo (5pm)... i reckon its time enough to recover.
    ill be checking back in at the end of every week, evey level change ect with results if anyones interested
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    day one starts tommrow.

30 day shred in morning (730)
    ripped in 30 in arvo (5pm)... i reckon its time enough to recover.
    ill be checking back in at the end of every week, evey level change ect with results if anyones interested

Sounds like a good plan!!! Keep us updated!
  • Ilovedrinkingtea
    Ilovedrinkingtea Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Bump, good luck OP, I'll be interested to see how you do!xx
  • taxidermist15
    Options
    ok, so ive decided to blog the entire process, feel free to add me as a friend to see updates and read my food diary, starting this challenge on monday !
  • Ilovedrinkingtea
    Options
    Not to lecture you OP, and I say this out of concern alone, but I just looked at your diary and I don't think you should be having this few cals without medical supervision xx
  • taxidermist15
    Options
    Im trying my hardest to eat more, its really hard! especially when i dont ant to eat more processed food, or junk foods. any suggestions?

By the way for all you girls on here,
    Level one 30DS and RI30.......... exact same programme, 2 exercises i counted that ere different? anyone else had this notice?
  • deksgrl
    Options
    I looked at about a week of your diary. Maybe add some cheese sticks (I get low sodium). Almonds. Consider whole grain breads instead of the tortillas.
  • deksgrl
    Options
    oops, double posted.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    I did 30day shred and did not burn very many calories also it is not good to do the exact same exercises each day-your body adapts and no longer has to work so your results will be minimal. Change it up! Add weights, cardio etc.
  • Ilovedrinkingtea
    Options
    You could try adding fruit, veggies, dried fruit, nuts, what about more meat/fish/cheese/soya/tofu. You could look at a JM cookbook and see if that gives you some ideas for healthy eating. I would say you need to aim to net about 1,200 cals per day to have enough energy to encourage your body to build lean muscle and shed fat, while having enough energy for those workouts - again this is well-meaning advice, everyone is different, but I think very low-cal diets (ie. under 1,200 cals net) should have medical supervision.

Yes, I think JM is great, but you are right, I think that the exercises, although great and they do work, they do get repetitive after a while. xx
  • taxidermist15
    Options
    Thanks for all your help ladies! I will try to eat more,
    from what i noticed is last week (where i ate a fair amount above/near my 1200 cal intake), i gained 3kg, wheras if i stuck around the 1000 mark, i tended to loose it but i love eating s good news for me!

Ive decided to do ripped in 30 for my morning workout, and then maybe a sparticus workout, or changing it up in the arvo, itts only day 2 of 30DS and RI30 and im bored!!!