Not losing Staying the same.

Options
I have tracked everything for 30 days now most days I am just under my calorie amount and only twice have I gone over. I am at 1280 for the day. I excerise at least 3 times a week and rarely eat into the extra calorie for the exercise. I do Triathlons so I swim run and spin at this time of the year. I am up about 6 pounds from the summer and I haven't lost anything at all this month. I thought it may take a week or 2 so I didn't give up but today it said I had logged my food for 30 days and I thought WOW I should have lost at least 1 or 2 pounds by now.
Do you think I am eating enough I am afraid to eat much more the last thing I want is to gain more. Any suggestions.

Replies

• gashinshotan
    gashinshotan Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Its hard pro lose when youdont really have too! Seriously try cheat days zp- I've done about 6 bad ones over two months and still lost 26 lbs.... in fact type fapstest weightloss occurred after I cheated
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Definitely try eating more; you can't maintain a large calorie deficit as easily once you're close to your goal weight. Set your MFP to losing .5 lbs per week. When I first started eating more I gained a pound or two before the weight started coming off again, so give it a few weeks to work.

Also the last time I upped my calories I didn't gain or lose, but I was a lot more comfortable.
  • dutchjacky
    dutchjacky Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have been going to the gym for the last 6 weeks, coming on to mfp 3 weeks ago I discovered I was not eating enough, I am now eatihg more than I have eaten in years and this week for the first time dropped 2 kilos. Even one of my daughters commented on the fact that she had never seen me eat so much in a long time. Try eating back some of the exercise calories I never fall under a NET of 1000 calories and do go to the gym 5 days a week. Gonna try the 30 day shred as well in the new year.
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I excerise at least 3 times a week and rarely eat into the extra calorie for the exercise.

BINGO!

Here is part of the issue. Eat those.
    Starvation diets are the very self-sabotage people engage in an overzealous effort to do the right thing.

Sometimes more is less when it comes to metabolism.
  • fmw123
    fmw123 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You need to eat atleast some of your exercise calories. I know it doesn't sound right, but honestly it works. Obviously everyone is different and you just need to try out different things to see what works for YOU. Don't be disheartened. You can do this!!
  • gashinshotan
    gashinshotan Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I can attest to this - whenever I try to increase my weight loss by not eating back my exercise calories I don't really lose weight anymore...
    You need to eat atleast some of your exercise calories. I know it doesn't sound right, but honestly it works. Obviously everyone is different and you just need to try out different things to see what works for YOU. Don't be disheartened. You can do this!!
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    In addition to everyone's posts here, which are spot-on....

How about sharing your diary with people so we can see what you are currently taking in? That can also factor in as well...
  • jeepyj93
    jeepyj93 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Ok I will give it a try it sure is hard to wrap your head around eating more to lose. I am sure I won't have a hard time eating more for the next 2 weeks for sure. I will keep logging in MFP is so user friendly it makes such a difference to see what I have eaten in a day. I don't want to obsess about it but I want to be aware of what goes in. I do work out 5-6 times a week during peak training times this is just a bit of a down time for me to give myself a rest. In the new year I will be adding Snowshoeing at least twice a week, spinning once, and we will up our swimming to 2X.