I was only asking if Acai Berry works ...not for smart remar

Options
:noway: Maybe Im taking it the wrong way but the smart remarks aren't nice...

I know that eating healthy and exercising is a way to lose weight:angry:

Replies

• Clemens
    Options

• Alisha28
    Alisha28 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I hate when people make rude remarks to questions. If you knew the answer you would not be asking it. I totally agree with you. We are here on this site to learn. Have a good day!!:)

Alisha:happy:
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    :ohwell: There are a lot of different personalities around here and I think sometimes people just get frustrated when they've been here awhile and start seeing the same questions over and over. Please don't take it personally.

Mind you I didn't see your thread so I really shouldn't be commenting but that's usually what happens when questions about things like Acai Berry pop up.

Hi. :smile:
  • Clemens
    Options
    hmm
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options

I used to drink something called noni juice im not sure if its similar to acai berry but it really didnt do anything at all...in fact my feet started swelling ...it was long ago
  • Clemens
    Options
    I hate when people make rude remarks to questions. If you knew the answer you would not be asking it. I totally agree with you. We are here on this site to learn. Have a good day!!:)

Alisha:happy:

Thank You! Have a great day too!:glasses:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I think you DID take it the wrong way/maybe read stuff into it that wasn't really there, because I just read the answers you received, and I sure didn't see anything rude or bad in any of the comments you got. For the most part, and has been my experience in the almost year I've been here, everyone is VERY helpful and friendly. :smile:
  • Clemens
    Options
    I think you DID take it the wrong way/maybe read stuff into it that wasn't really there, because I just read the answers you received, and I sure didn't see anything rude or bad in any of the comments you got. For the most part, and has been my experience in the almost year I've been here, everyone is VERY helpful and friendly. :smile:

well obviously I know that exercise and eating healthy is the way to lose weight ...why would they put that in there if I was asking about acai berry
  • rock0811
    Options
    I stated drinking two ounces of MonaVie about three months ago. I have a chronic condition and due to improved bloodwork, I have been able to stop taking two medications and I do feel better overall.
  • artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    I understand where you're coming from, but in the end, these "miracle" supplements are awful for your body and do not ensure long term weight loss. They raise your blood pressure, make you jittery, and will not help in your overall health. If these drugs worked, they would be better publicized and recommended by doctors and there would be more success stories out there. I think MFP is here to promote healthy approaches to weight loss, clean eating, and exercise, possibly the reason for the comments that were made. Bottom line, any miracle drug that can be found in magazines or on commercials are not to be trusted when it comes to weight loss!!!
  • Clemens
    Options
    I understand where you're coming from, but in the end, these "miracle" supplements are awful for your body and do not ensure long term weight loss. They raise your blood pressure, make you jittery, and will not help in your overall health. If these drugs worked, they would be better publicized and recommended by doctors and there would be more success stories out there. I think MFP is here to promote healthy approaches to weight loss, clean eating, and exercise, possibly the reason for the comments that were made. Bottom line, any miracle drug that can be found in magazines or on commercials are not to be trusted when it comes to weight loss!!!

I can deal with this comment better than the one I stated above ...the other we all know ... but I was just simply asking if anyone had tried it and if it worked ...and I think everyone else is replying to it besides the ones that tried it
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Sorry to say, but I think you took it the wrong way also. You asked the questions and the answers started coming. I think that the point is that any gimick or Pill, supplement at the bottom says what everyone is preaching here already, nutrition and excercise, saying that I think that Acai Berry is fine but basically like adding to your current plan........although this may seem obvious to you, there are people that it is not obvious to. So many are looking for a quick fix, thinking if you swallow a pill or drink a drink you don't have to do the obvious.... I think you shouldn't get your feathers ruffled..........try it and tell us what it did for you.

:flowerforyou:

56259.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter

"BRING IT"!!!!!!!!!
  • princessdrake
    princessdrake Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I've actually had the acai berry juice, I was just more curious to see what it tasted like. I actually like it but its not something I would drink all the time because I hate drinking my calories. I didn't really notice any energy boost or appetite supressing effects. But hey its a superfruit, if its something you want to add to your diet and work out plan, by all means go for it. It would be no different than if you were to add a glass of OJ in the morning right?
  • happenstance82
    Options
    Clemens, I honestly meant no disrespect to your inquiry about the acai. I was mostly agreeing with Dave when he suggested spending money on clean food and focusing on exercise instead of trying the acai. I feel horrible that I may have hurt your feelings! My comment was intended as playful...I even put that winking smiley face at the end!

Here's another "smiley" for you. It's saying "I'm sorry...forgive?" :embarassed:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Clemens, I understand that almost any comment on MFP (and most other bbs sites) can be taken 2 ways. I don't think it was meant as a shot. My reasoning for this is the little smiley after the statement
    (I.E. :wink: ) Which means, in post terms "Just kiddin with ya".

So if you missed that little guy or didn't know what his meaning was, I can understand you feeling slighted, but I don't think that was the intent. I think it was just someone trying to be light hearted.
    I'm sure nobody on here wants to insult others.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    My office supply lady swears by it. She says it has other health benefits besides just weight loss, but I'm just very skeptic about those "miracle" products. I don't try any of them so I can't say first hand if it's worth trying or not.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    oop, she beat me to it.
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Yes but her question wasn't "Which one is better taking Acai Berry or Exercising and eating right" Her question was only about more info about the product and not even for her but for her mother. I say if you can't answer the question then do post a sarcastic comment about it.
  • sweetapplepi
    Options

I actually read the comments as well, and they seemed to be a bit snooty to me as well. It's an honest question, and I see no reason for comments that aren't even helpful. :smile:
    However, just drinking Acai Berry should be taken with a Colon Cleanser to really work. I am actually going to try it, I just ordered the same products from a health food store. I'm ordering the Acai Berry in a capsule form, so that taste shouldn't overpower me. From what I've heard, it just cleanses the system of toxins and waste, so plan to go to the restroom alot. I can keep you posted on my progress with it, if you want? :smile: I tried asking others and pretty much received the same answers as you, so I wouldn't mind keeping you updated. The Colon Cleanser is a powder I believe, and helps to detox the body as well.