Beachbody--- Pros/Cons??

Options
I was thinking about joining Beachbody so I can get a chance to do all the workouts. They are kind of pricey but I have heard good things about the workouts. Anyone have any thoughts they would like to share? Any experiences they would like the share that may make the decision easier to make? I just received Brazil Butt Lift as a gift and I plan on starting it right after New Years. I would definitely like to try something else after that... if they are worth it.

Replies

• newarkco05
    Options
    *BUMP*
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    Workouts are fine. Shakeology is over priced because it's an MLM.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    imo- save your money

why wait till new years to start the program you have? start tomorrow!
  • newarkco05
    Options
    imo- save your money

why wait till new years to start the program you have? start tomorrow!

I guess I should of gave a little more information... I am traveling to DE for a 4 day weekend for Christmas, then to South Carolina for a 4 day weekend for New Years. When I start the program, I want to make sure I can give it my all and do it everyday.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    Pros: The workout tapes don't completely suck.

Cons: Your money keeps Beachbody in business.
  • jamaicanlady
    jamaicanlady Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about joining Beachbody so I can get a chance to do all the workouts. They are kind of pricey but I have heard good things about the workouts. Anyone have any thoughts they would like to share? Any experiences they would like the share that may make the decision easier to make? I just received Brazil Butt Lift as a gift and I plan on starting it right after New Years. I would definitely like to try something else after that... if they are worth it.

Joining is free (for basic membership). The best part about a paid membership is the meal planner. I haven't actually done the paid membership (not allowed since I'm not in the US or Canada) but I looked at the samples and I was impressed.
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I am a member of the Beachbody community and it didn't cost me anything to join. Shakeology if you do use it does cost money and a lot of people say it is overpriced, but that's for you to decide. I personally drink it but that's up to each person and what needs that person has. The programs in my opinion are awesome I love them in fact, my results came from P90X, Insanity, Insanity Asylum and now P90X 2. I love working out at home (I have a gym membership I don't use) and it works very well for me! I hope you like Brazillian Butt Lift :) I have heard good things about it! I have it also but haven't used that particular one much :)
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I did Turbo Fire over the summer. I really like it. Enjoyable, fun, high intensity cardio. Lost 12 pounds, got in great shape. Working out from home while my children are asleep was great for me. However Beachbody itself with the "coach" pyramid structure is REALLY annoying.
  • Jenene88
    Jenene88 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I am actually a beachbody coach. And yes you can have a membership that's free and a membership that u pay for but you get a 10% discount on all products and a meal plan for it. For me I have done many of the programs and with them
    I have seen the best results then anything else I have ever tried. Now with shakeology yes it's expensive but it does have a lot of benefits with it. I say if you were gonna buy anything it's better to have a coach cuz you have someone who has experience with the product. If you want to know more about anything message me. I can give you more information about beachbody products.
  • tangal88
    tangal88 Posts: 689
    Options
    tried a number of the workouts. Some are pretty good.

I personally like P90X and P90X2. Also have done Chalene Extreme, and like it.

I Do P90X and P90x2 regularly. Great results every time I do P90x.

They have a few other programs, I have tried and did not like as much.

But they have a good range of programs available, to appeal to all experience levels, and personal preference type. Most are pretty good. Most have a good return policy if you don't like it.

Good if you like to work at home, and like the structure of a DVD series. But not everyone does well with work at home DVDs.

Personally not a fan of the shakes, tried them, did not like the flavor, and personally saw no benefit over a good meal replacement protein shake (that tastes better to me) and a good multivitamin with an antioxidant mix. Which work out to a lower cost, and I feel, give me more of what "I"personally need and want in my supplements.

But each to his own. One does what they feel will best meet their needs and personal fitness goals.

I do have a free BB membership, and browse the messageboards for free now and then. I see no reason to have a paid membership myself. I don't buy their supplements or shakes. (I get similar product types elsewhere for cheaper)

The 10% off workouts would not be a good value for me, since I don't buy new workouts often.

Meal plans are not hard to find online for free, if that's what you want. Personally , I find they are fine for ideas - but I really would rather make my own plan based o what my family likes to eat.

But if you buy supplements , shakes and so forth - it "may" be of benefit to you. Just depends on how much you buy, cost per month, vs amount you save.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I borrow the DVDs from the library, and I actually bought Turbo Jam online from an Amazon seller for less than $20, so there are ways of giving Beachbody a try without spending a fortune.

I am not able to get onto the website though. I tried signing up for the free membership, and the part at the bottom where you read back the letters and numbers is where I am stuck. I always suck at those. I know they are trying to keep robots from joining the site, but I'm not a robot. I'm not terribly worried about the website, because I'm already here talking to other fitness friends, and I pretty much have a handle on my food now, so I don't really need the online support from Beachbody.

Anyway, let me tell you that I have had a lot of fun with Turbo Jam. I am in love so far with Beachbody and Chalene Johnson. I almost wish I could thank her in person. The workout is kind of fun, and it is over before you know it. It really is helping me lose weight.

I had a goal of working out five times a week for the month of December, and I am achieving it. I also am dropping weight a little more consistently now that I have some workout DVDs. Before, I had been jumping rope and trying to design my own workouts with some free weights, and it just got overwhelming. It is a thousand times easier to follow a DVD with a workout already designed, and just follow along until the clock runs out.

I love how there are modifications on it, so if you are struggling, there are ways to make it easier, or likewise, if it is too easy, you can make it harder.

So far, my experience with Beachbody products has been awesome. However, I didn't buy it directly from them. If I had to pay full price I might not be able to afford as many of them as I want, but since I am able to borrow them from the library or buy them used, it's not so bad.