HOW TO CHANGE YOUR STEPS FROM A HRM INTO CALORIES BURNED

Options
I just bought a HRM...and i love seeing how many steps I take in a day! My only problem is i dont know how to change my steps into calories burned. I always for get to look at the time i start and finish. so when i go to log in for my exercises im lost...please if anyone can help explain how to change my steps that i have for the day to calories burned id be very grateful!!!

Replies

• ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    A heart rate monitor (HRM) doesn't tell you how many steps you've taken. A pedometer tells you that. And there's no way to convert it to calories burned, I don't think, because it all depends on whether those were running steps or walking steps or dancing steps or whatever. I could be wrong. Probably am. :)
  • anner53108
    Options
    Some pedometers can estimate calories burned, but only if you enter your vital info (gender, weight, height, walking stride length, running stride length). I have one that does that.
    Most simple pedometers only count steps and distance traveled (based on your stride). If you have one of those and want to estimate calories burned, just use the MFP walking entry and put in the time you walked and select the speed ("moderate" or whatever).