New - and just weighed myself...

Options
Hi All!

I've just started trying to lose the weight that's crept up on me over the past couple of years and I weighed myself for the first time in over a year and... I'm nearly 10kg (22 pounds) heavier than I thought I was. Guess it's going to be a longer journey to my goal weight than I thought!

First steps will be cutting back on alcohol (I love red wine a little too much), easing back into exercise and reducing takeaway.

Very proud of myself already for staying positive and not collapsing in a heap of misery when I realized how much weight I'd gained in the past year.

Love reading all your stories of weightloss success and hope to have my own soon!

Replies

• loseramy68
    Options
    I love your positive attitude. Just take it one meal at a time, one step at a time. You'll get there!
  • katdouce
    katdouce Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    You've come to the right place!!!! there is so much support here its amazing...And I too have to save a few calories through the day so I can have a glass of red for an evening snack LOL...
  • dragonssoftballmom
    Options
    It will come off! Stay positive! :)
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    great attitude! good luck on your journey!
  • Burtonrah
    Options
    You have a positively wonderful attitude!! It's awesome to see!! Congrats on taking the steps in the road to a healthier you and good luck on your journey!! Feel free to add me, I can always use that kind of support :)
  • miriamparkinson
    miriamparkinson Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone :-)
  • LeeDahlen38
    LeeDahlen38 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the club! Remember to tell yourself each day: It's not rocket science! Eat right, often and burn calories. One other secret alot of people don't realize is SLEEP. Min 6hrs, preferrably 8+. This is your body's healing time, and when you will actually shed some weight. Use these people and the tools provided and you can't go wrong! Good Luck!! Lee
  • miriamparkinson
    miriamparkinson Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Ooh should add, I need some buddies to help motivate me. Please add me if you like :-)
  • dancingj2
    dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Sometimes the weight sneaks back on while you are doing other things. I had crept up quite a bit over a few years. I joined wieght watchers and that worked fine but was expensive. When I quit, I add 9 lbs :( Since starting here I have lost 8 of those 9 pounds.

This site is great and people can be very helpful. You can add me if you want.
  • Prozack1964
    Options
    hello and welcome here hope you have a great day