Hi everyone

Options
Hi...My name is Tracy and I joined my fittness pal about 2 weeks ago. This was a last ditch effort before I have gastric bypass. I was suppose to have surgery sometime before October. My surgeon wanted me to loss 20 pounds before I had surgery. Well after 2 weeks I lost 14 pounds and I was shocked to say the least. I was going to have to have a open bypass surgery but my surgeon said if I could lose 50 or 60 pounds he would consider laporscopic. So most definitly i am going to shoot for that and put off my surgery for a while to see how it goes. I have a lot of health problems so anything I can do to lose weight will sure help. Fitness pal has helped me keep track better than anything in the past and I love it. My hubby made me feel good he said he was proud of me for what I have done so far so I am just taking one day at a time.....God Bless You All

Replies

• my3d5332
    my3d5332 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi...My name is Tracy and I joined my fittness pal about 2 weeks ago. This was a last ditch effort before I have gastric bypass. I was suppose to have surgery sometime before October. My surgeon wanted me to loss 20 pounds before I had surgery. Well after 2 weeks I lost 14 pounds and I was shocked to say the least. I was going to have to have a open bypass surgery but my surgeon said if I could lose 50 or 60 pounds he would consider laporscopic. So most definitly i am going to shoot for that and put off my surgery for a while to see how it goes. I have a lot of health problems so anything I can do to lose weight will sure help. Fitness pal has helped me keep track better than anything in the past and I love it. My hubby made me feel good he said he was proud of me for what I have done so far so I am just taking one day at a time.....God Bless You All
  • RLJAXON
    RLJAXON Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have a very suportive husband...lucky girl.
    I agree fitness pal is a great way to keep track of everything...I am amazed at how quickly my calories add up...small wonder I was having trouble loosing weight...hopefully, I will begin to see some results now.
    Good luck at your continued weight loss
  • eviec
    eviec Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi Tracy,
    I'm glad that this program is working for you. i had laparascopic gastric bypass surgery three years ago. It was great for me. I lost 130 pounds in less than a year. This past year I have snuck 20 pounds back on but this program is helping me slowly slip it back off before I really get into past, bad habits. Good luck to you in the program and whatever decision you make about the surgery. Evelyn
  • my3d5332
    Options
    Evelyn that is great about how much weight you lost. I hope you lose the 20 pounds you want to get off. Thanks both of you for the encouraging words....God Bless...Tracy