Any advice about a junk foodaholic?

Options
It seems that since I have started thinking about my weight more and more, I have also been eating more and I eat a lot more junk food.
I was with my sister who is prego and I ate everything she ate for two days and gained two pounds...she gained Nothing!!!
If you have any advice for me it would be truely appreaciated!

Replies

• HeaterM
    HeaterM Posts: 275
    Options
    It seems that since I have started thinking about my weight more and more, I have also been eating more and I eat a lot more junk food.
    I was with my sister who is prego and I ate everything she ate for two days and gained two pounds...she gained Nothing!!!
    If you have any advice for me it would be truely appreaciated!
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I'm a junk food lover too. Plus, I love to snack. A few things that I try to do...

1. I try to make better choices for my snacking/convenience foods. I replace chips with rice cakes or baked chips, or even better, raw veggies. For sweets, I will go for fruit first. Opt for low-calorie or sugar-free options of things you normally buy.
    2. I watch my portion sizes. Don't sit down with a whole bag of anything. Count out how much 1 serving size is, and don't go back for more. I also like the 100 Calorie packs. It's an easy and quick way to grab a low-cal snack in a pre-portioned pack.
    3. Don't completely deny yourself something that you love. I've found that if I do this, I end up binging on it later.
    4. Chew gum. The minty flavor will make other stuff taste bad, and the chewing action keeps your mouth busy, so you don't think about eating other things.
    5. When you want to snack, drink a glass of water and wait 15 minutes before diving into something. People often mistake thirst for hunger, and this gives you time to decide if you really want those extra calories or not.

Hope this helps!
  • RiverRatChick
    RiverRatChick Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Remember, nothing tastes as good as thin and fit feels! :flowerforyou:
  • HeaterM
    HeaterM Posts: 275
    Options
    Thank you I'll remember all that! I really do appreaciate it!
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I love junk food as well. I'm a yoga instructor who's addicted to gummy bears. :blushing: