My Lenten Sacrifice

Options
I just wanted to share what I have decided to do this Lent and maybe persuade some other people to join in.

I've always given up the typical chocolate, sweets, red meat, and so on, but this year I want to do something different. I have decided to "skip" 1 meal a day. I personally am going to skip and eat like a piece of fruit or somthing, but it could be instead of buying lunch bring a pb&j. Well anyways the extra money I have saved from "skipping" this meal (which would be about $200 if I figure $5 a meal) I will go out and buy that amout in nonpersiable good and donate to my local shelter. I know Lent is about sacrifice, but why not take it one step further and do good with the sacrifices.

Anyways just wanted to share. Thanks for reading :happy:

Replies

• marisa0918
    Options
    I just wanted to share what I have decided to do this Lent and maybe persuade some other people to join in.

I've always given up the typical chocolate, sweets, red meat, and so on, but this year I want to do something different. I have decided to "skip" 1 meal a day. I personally am going to skip and eat like a piece of fruit or somthing, but it could be instead of buying lunch bring a pb&j. Well anyways the extra money I have saved from "skipping" this meal (which would be about $200 if I figure $5 a meal) I will go out and buy that amout in nonpersiable good and donate to my local shelter. I know Lent is about sacrifice, but why not take it one step further and do good with the sacrifices.

Anyways just wanted to share. Thanks for reading :happy:
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Using the money to give back to those who are less fortunate is a great idea! Way to go!