Cookies for Santa?

Options
2»

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Do a " Thank you" note to santa and some carrot sticks for the raindeer.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Tell the kids that you need to put out carrots and celery for the reindeer.. along with cookies for santa.

You eat the veggies and husband eats the cookies... and maybe you try one cookie :)
  • TigersFanIndy34
    Options
    I don't bake and never have so we've never done cookies. In fact my oven door doesn't even open anymore, it's all busted - and it's been a non-issue enough for 2years that I haven't saved up to buy a new oven LOL.

We make reindeer food - it's nonedible but the kids LOVE it. We take confetti (either bought or sometimes we just use a hole puncher and construction paper and make our own). and some glitter and shake it all in - sometimes throw in some old bird seed if we have some and put it in a cute little Christmas bag for the reindeer to "eat". Sometimes hubby will even sprinkle a teeny bit on our porch and we are like "oh look, they must have ate it so fast they spilled a little!" then he goes out to clean it up :) We added the glitter because of the snow - it shines a bit for him to see to clean it up LOL.

My daughter's preschool teacher liked our idea so much that she used it for the class one year (many years ago since my daughter is a middle schooler now).
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com :)
  • Classalete
    Classalete Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    My Santa is a type 1 diabetic. I leave him beef jerky and the key to the treadmill.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    lol...
    you should leave him a glass of protein shake since he has to be hauling heavy **** through a the whole night
  • TheAnie
    TheAnie Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    We've always left Santa a cold beer. This year it'll likely be a light beer. The jolly old elf works too hard for just cookies,

Okay, THIS cracked me up.

I'd do the cookies to be honest with you. Eat one, it's Christmas. Put the rest back in the jar. Or make a show of having the kids count the cookies the night before so they can see how many Santa ate that night. It would also give you an excuse to put out less the following year "Oh, Santa only ate one cookie last year. Remember? So let's not put out too many!"

Wasn't it The Santa Clause where Tim Allen informed a little girl that Santa was on a diet and the following year she left him carrots and soy milk? haha. So there's always that. Don't parents pretend to have a direct line to Santa anyways?
  • EuroDriver12
    EuroDriver12 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    i ate all the cookies..................................................
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I was a strange little kid and hated the thought of an obese pedophile so the mystic of the season was wasted on me, however siblings left milk for the owner of the elf sweat shop and carrot sticks for his for legged indentured servants.
  • tiabirdie56
    tiabirdie56 Posts: 4,043 Member
    Options
    After a long night of waiting for kids to fall asleep, tired and bedraggled, setting out gifts and assembling toys, at 3am, the milk and cookies become the 1st best part of being Santa. If you don't want to eat the cookies, that's fine. Sprinkle some crumbs on the plate and leave a milk coated glass beside it with a thank you note from Santa.
  • waylonthornton
    waylonthornton Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    We always leave out a plate but rather than eat them, we toss them and then take the garbage out to the outside garbage!

This is wasteful. Do not use this advice.

Man up, eat some cookies, have some milk and indulge!
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    One year when I was a kid my dad suggested that perhaps Santa is getting tired of cookies and milk and that maybe we should leave him something different at our house. He offered a recommendation of a small plate of nachos and a cold beer. We thought that was a pretty good idea.

Last year we put the plate of cookies and milk out on the table and went to tuck in the kids. We then went to drag the presents out of hiding and get to the Santa business. We came back into the kitchen and one of the dogs was jumping down off of the table and there were just a few crumbs left on the plate.
  • Elle_Jamaicangirl81
    Options
    double post... sorry
  • Elle_Jamaicangirl81
    Options
    We've always left Santa a cold beer. This year it'll likely be a light beer. The jolly old elf works too hard for just cookies,

^^ awesome lol

we don't do this here... We don't focus on Santa in Jamaica.
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    My mom, sisters & I used to bake cookies & set them out for Santa even after we knew he wasn't real. (Except for the one time Santa went on Adkins- we left cheese.) It's a fun tradition, so now I do it with my kids and yes this Santa's helper will be eating cookies on Christmas Eve. :bigsmile:
  • louisau
    louisau Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    this is why santa is so fat

My thoughts exactly
  • tinksmommy2006
    Options
    Y not tell the kids that since santa gets cookies at every house this year you want to leave some veggies for the deer:) we leave cookies and veggies every year for santa and his deer...the kids love it. And you could also have someone else write a note having santa say thanks for the veggies for the deer and that he was full from the other houses anyway and he likes the veggies better too...lol
  • kykykenna
    kykykenna Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    nd for God's sake not the flourless sugar less oatmeal cookies made with apple sauce. a proper cookie or three.

LMAO....Exactly!!!!!
  • smashatoms
    smashatoms Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    My little brother ALWAYS did the Jello jigglers. If made sugar free, the calories are marginal I think. He also left out carrots for the reindeer. ;)
  • smashatoms
    smashatoms Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    My Santa is a type 1 diabetic. I leave him beef jerky and the key to the treadmill.

:laugh:
    YES!