I have what?!? My introduction.

Options
2»

Replies

• jmehere
    jmehere Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Dr told me while I was pregnant that if I walked or did some kind of exercise for 10 minutes after eating it would lower my blood sugar. Good luck! Take care of yourself! Your health is so important not only for yourself, but in the example you set.
  • tecallahan
    tecallahan Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    WHATEVER you do - it's really important to not get injured - since you are just starting in exercise, make a plan and increase the intensity a LITTLE bit each week. Maybe start with walking and climbing stairs - build up to longer time, more laps, and faster time... and start adding in some of these other areas that everyone is suggesting.

Since you are working at home you need to be sensible and not risk injury -- write it all down and push yourself to do a little more each week. It is going to be uncomfortable and hurt, but it should not be so painful that you have to stop. After a week or two you will be stronger and able to do more. There is no Quick Fix - you have to set your mind to be in for the long haul - slow and steady wins the race in weight loss and fitness. Don't believe ANY weight loss plan that claims it will be super-fast or that you can do it without exercise.

Weight loss is 90% nutrition and 10% exercise for most of us -- you can't eat whatever you want just because you are exercising. That's why the food tracking is critical!

Good luck and believe in yourself!!!
  • ccb1030
    ccb1030 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I have PCOS, and although have never been through a high risk pregnancy, I see it every day at my job. I'm no help with the indoor exercising. I have the old Wii Active, but sadly it's collecting dust on the shelf. Before I injured my back, I had a gym membership and was doing step aerobics classes. I loved it, and the gym I went to had childcare, so it worked out great. After my back injury I cancelled my gym membership because I couldn't justify paying when I wasn't going. How bad is your neighborhood? Is it really that bad to take a stroll with your little one during daylight hours? The little bit of exercise I do now usually includes throwing my kids in a stroller and walking to the park, or walking my dogs. Also to whoever suggested using the stairs as exercise, great idea! I have stairs in my house and never thought of using them as exercise equipment :)
  • gertudejekyl
    gertudejekyl Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Look at Steve Turano videos on youtube. He's great and inspirational. :flowerforyou: You can get over Type 2 Diabetes. Google Jim Obley and read his story. He lost over 100 lbs and lost his diabetes too-mostly from walking. Drive to a nice, shady neighborhood and walk there.