Spike day - 4 hour body

Options
Hi All,

Today I am very excited as it is my first binge / spike day.

I started on MFP 100 days ago today and I have been losing weight (16lbs + 3lbs I lost before MFP) but I still felt the need to snack with crap foods and used the dreaded chocs, biscuits and crisps to get up to my daily calorie total after meals.

On monday I started to follow the 4 hour body diet. This concentrates on you eating only protein, veggies, salad and legumes for 6 days a week, it is not a calorie controlled diet (although I have been logging religiously every day and am always within my calorie goal).

You cannot eat dairy or any carbs that do not come from veggies, lentils and beans (not baked beans but all others are fair game). You cannot eat any fruit, which is the hardest thing for me because I am a fruit addict, however you can eat tomatoes.

You can eat as much meat, poultry, fish, veggies and legumes as you want, you should have at least 30g protein per meal but I have about 50 -70g. You can even have a couple of glasses of red wine if you want but no other alcohol.

You know what. . . .I am full after every meal and do not feel the urge to snack (a couple of squares of 60% chocolate occasionally but seriously that is it).

On the 7th day of every week you can eat whatever you want. So you don't over indulge and make yourself sick it is advised that you eat your normal breakfast ( mine is 3 egg omelette, mushrooms and now I have added spinach), and then spike those calories.

It is all very scientific and the book has far more info than I can put on here but that is the gist of it. I have lost 2 1/2lbs since Monday but that is not the most important thing, I am losing fat to the extent that I am seeing size changes already.

I will log my calories today but I would not be surprised to see me eating about 3000 calories today, and apparently that is good!!!

I'll keep you updated on my progress.

Replies

• nmzeta
    nmzeta Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Good luck. Definitely let us know how is goes! I have been doing Eat to Live for 4 months and have lost 45lbs.