Jogging Strollers

Options
I have a 5 month old baby and looking to get a jogging stroller. I get tired of the treadmill and would love to be able to take the baby out with me. If you have a jogging stroller which one do you have, do you like it or dislike it and why.

I don't want to invest money on something that isn't going to work for me.

Thank You!

Replies

• ma9321
    ma9321 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I have a 5 month old baby and looking to get a jogging stroller. I get tired of the treadmill and would love to be able to take the baby out with me. If you have a jogging stroller which one do you have, do you like it or dislike it and why.

I don't want to invest money on something that isn't going to work for me.

Thank You!
  • astarte09
    astarte09 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I would like to know too! I have seen the bigger ones, but I dont know how big of a child will fit.. mine is a 3.5 year old who is way way tall and about 38 lbs.
  • farmgirlh
    Options
    If you can go try them out. Look for one that has a front wheel that is both fixed and swiveled. Also look for one for with a hand break.

If you are planning on having more children think about getting a double so you don't have to buy two.

Good Luck!!
  • ma9321
    Options
    If you can go try them out. Look for one that has a front wheel that is both fixed and swiveled. Also look for one for with a hand break.

If you are planning on having more children think about getting a double so you don't have to buy two.

Good Luck!!
    Thank You. Dumb question.... what's a hand break?
    I was thinking about getting the double also. I don't want anymore children but I do have a 4 year old that I take a long with me at times.
  • ma9321
    Options
    I would like to know too! I have seen the bigger ones, but I dont know how big of a child will fit.. mine is a 3.5 year old who is way way tall and about 38 lbs.

I was wondering the same thing.. my daughter weighs about 35 lbs.
    I see your birthday is coming up. What day is it?
  • jbraunig
    Options
    I have a double jogging stroller and it is great. My 9 year old has got in it before, so I'm sure yours will fit as well. It is a side by side, has two wheels on the back and one in front. It is a lot more comfortable to push because it has a bar all the way across the front rather than two. It has a hand break and breaks you can lock on the wheels. I don't know if you buy off of e-bay, but is is a great place to find them brand new and it also saved me $100.

You can sort of see it in my pic. in the back ground.
  • ma9321
    Options

Good Luck!!
    Thank You. Dumb question.... what's a hand break?
    I was thinking about getting the double also. I don't want anymore children but I do have a 4 year old that I take a long with me at times.

DUH!!! hand break!!! omg... i'm so laughing at myself!! :laugh:
  • firegirlred
    firegirlred Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    http://www.dreamerdesign.net/dreamer_strollers.cfm

I'll be getting the dreamer design ditto rebound merge. This is what I was led to be personal reviews and research into pricing and accessories. I had to call the company to decide between two models. They were so nice!!! I was instantly impressed by their customer service.
  • stfuandrun
    stfuandrun Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I have a Bell jogging stroller that I got on craigslist for $40 and I love it. DD loves to ride in it (she's 2). "I go running, mommy!"

Good luck on your search.

One more thing, make sure that you can fold it up for storage. Fortunately, mine folds up and fits in the trunk. Works out great when I'm meeting the local running group for a midweek run.
  • msujdak
    msujdak Posts: 141
    Options
    I had a Burly when my son was little. It's a little more bulky than a regular jogging stroller, but you can pull it behind your bike too. And it's big enough that I would pack it for longer outings with a diaper bag cooler etc. I also used it to walk with him to the grocery store and go shopping! It folds up fairly flat.
  • osmium
    osmium Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend Mountain Buggy's. They are brilliant and bomb proof and are a huge favourite of mine after trying out quite a few. They are light, strong and are very stable. They come in two main models, Terrain (fixed front wheel) and Urban (swivel, but can be fixed). I like the Urban myself. They also come in Single or Double, I have both (three kids :smile: ). I wouldn't get a double unless you need it now as you will still get loads of use out of the Single. I use a kiddy board on my single and my 2.5yr old stands on that for the school run, while my 10month is in the stroller. You could not run with a kiddy board though. http://www.mountainbuggy.com/
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    I bought a double stroller by Croozer and it's pretty good. It was pricey ($450cad) but worth it. It holds up to 100lbs (50lbs each child) and it turns into a running stroller, regular stroller or bike trailer. It also folds easily by removing the wheels and handle bar.

I thought I'd mention this just in case you are thinking of having another child at some point. It may save you money in the long run. :flowerforyou:

http://www.amazon.com/Croozer-Designs-Bicycle-Trailer-Stroller/dp/B000P7LL6A

Also wanted to add that these types of stroller have good re-sale value. :smile:
  • beagle595
    Options
    I bought a brand new BABY TREND DOUBLE JOGGING STROLLER EXPEDITION model for $129.00 "Buy it Now" on eBay and love it... (They normally run around $200-250). I have a 50 lb tall 4 yr old and a 3 yr old and it's so easy to push... One finger down the road... It folds up and stores in the back of my SUV... I don't know how it would fit in a trunk.. The front wheel can come off for hauling. Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I looked at every jog stroller under the sun. My babe is also 5 months, soon to be 6 months. We got the BOB Revolution and I LOVE it!!! I'm a runner and I use it every single day. It has a swivle front wheel with a locking option, too. I also bought the drink holder attachment and the infant seat attachment. He's out of the infant seat thing because he's big enough to be in it without that, but it was awesome to have. It's expensive, but if you use it a lot, it's absolutely the best out there (in my opinion). Good luck!
  • coronalime
    coronalime Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    We have a single BabyJogger and love it. The BOB is really nice as well. Look at Craigslist ALOT . People buy them and dont use them all the time.
    I actually dont rec the swivel wheel (if your only using it for running). You dont need it. When your running you want it locked so the wheel doesnt get parraell and everyone goes flying..Think a bad grocery cart ya know..If it comes with it that is fine..I also never use the brake but we dont live in that hilly of a city
  • astarte09
    astarte09 Posts: 531 Member
    Options

03/21! Almost there... and 4.5 lbs to go
  • ma9321
    Options

03/21! Almost there... and 4.5 lbs to go

Awesome! My birthday is the 16th. I didn't set a goal for my birthday but i'm pretty darn proud of myself! Good luck to you missy! I know you can do it!
  • ma9321
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm going to do my research and hopefully I can make a decision soon.