Weekly fasting

Options
I was just wondering what the thoughts are on fasting one day a week?

I have been doing (some) prayer and fasting on Saturday for 5 weeks now and have found it has helped me gain control of my out of control appetite. Before I found that after 5 weeks my portions would be creeping up and sugar would start making a reappearance in my slipping diet. It was almost subconscious the way I would start sliding back into old bad habits. And a few months down the road I would be back where I started easily stuffing down large meals and gobbling sugar in many forms especially ice cream.

Fasting one day a week seems to keep rebooting my appetite back to being smaller and I have a easier time skipping the sugar and eating healthier smaller meals.
By the time I am in mid week I am already looking forward to my one day fast.

My fast is not completely no food, if one counts goat milk as food. Since I usually drink about two to four cups of whole goat milk and a half cup of acia berry juice. I think it's fine since goat milk is a good nutritional drink and easier to digest fully than cows milk.

I was just wondering if there are any about if it might be harmful in the long run. Just wanted to get some opinions.

Thanks

Replies

• Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I was just wondering if there are any about if it might be harmful in the long run. Just wanted to get some opinions.
    Thanks

Fasting for 24 hours shouldn't do any metabolic damage, if that's what you're asking. Secondarily, as you said, it's not a fast since you're consuming stuff.