Movies you love that other people hated

Options

Replies

• Salamanda425
    Options
    Lake Placid and Anaconda...

Both equally horrible movies... with little to no redeeming qualities... yet I can never turn them off!

I LOVE both of those movies. I adore Betty White in Lake Placid!

My movies that everyone hates that I actually like is Big Fish and The Lake House.
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Pure Country.

Yes, I'm a Texas girl. Loved that movie as a kid, now I'm a Walk the Line fan, which seems to be more widely accepted.
  • CandeesLand
    Options
    The Jacket
    Stranger Than Fiction
    Secondhand Lions
    The Usual Suspects
    Primo Baby
  • jmelyan23
    jmelyan23 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    Never Been Kissed and Willow

"Oh my God, somebody ate my entire pie!" Lmao, I love Never Been Kissed. :D
  • jimmyfoxca
    Options
    I LOVED horrible bosses but so many people I have mentioned that to have looked at me like I have two heads... what's up with that???
  • Angel87a
    Angel87a Posts: 113
    Options
    Deliverance- "scary movie of the 70's"- I will never get that time back.. horrible.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    WOW... I love most of the movies that were named.. The Big Lebowski is one of my faves.. love Boondock Saints.. What Dreams may come is beautiful... I also really like Moulin Rouge.. Seredipity.. The Other Guys... all that.

Mine that I love that others are kinda Meh about are

Better Off Dead
    Super Troopers
    I Could Never Be Your Woman
    Save the Last Dance
    Saved
    Mallrats

there are probably others..

yeah, we all have our own taste.. but most of them I've read so far don't seem bad.

You know people who are "meh" about Better Off Dead and Mallrats??? Cult classics! I don't know anyone who doesn't love them!

"It's a shame to throw away a perfectly good white boy like that."
  • lexximan
    lexximan Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Moulin Rouge.

Favorite Movie of ALL time.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    The Big Lebowski - either you get it or you don't

Wait, who doesn't love The Big Lebowski? Seriously?

I also loved Eternal Sunshine...great film.

Lots of people liked this movie, but I'm not sure many would rank it in their Top 3 Best Films: Magnolia.

LOVE IT! Ther Dude abides.
  • stephevers1227
    stephevers1227 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    All About Steve

Sandra Bullock was absolutely freaking adorable in this movie and played the quirky nerdy obsessive girl so well. I hated that she got panned for playing it. Very cute movie.
  • rml_16
    Options
    I love anything by Monty Python - a lot of people don't...
    ...and Mel Brooks is awesome - some find him stupid.

Mel Broroks is brilliant. I know a few who don't like him, but he's mostly loved, I think.

I love MP, but I have to admit the movies aren't as good as The Flying Circus. Still, though, pretty darned great.
  • heykatieben
    heykatieben Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Hmm... Snakes on a Plane :)
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Dogma.

Absolutely amazing film.

For some reason, religious people tend not to like. No idea why...
  • rml_16
    Options
    Never Been Kissed and Willow

Willow! Another favorite. I hadn't watched it in years and I got it for my daughter a few years ago for Christmas because I thought it would be something she would like (she'd never seen it). We watched it together and I was reminded how very much I just love, love, love it.

I also quite like the Star Wars episodes I-III. Not as great as the originals, but I enjoyed them a lot.
  • Bee_B
    Bee_B Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Ace Ventura, Pet Detective
    Kung Fu Hustle
    Paint Your Wagon

Ace Ventura, Pet Detective (the first one) is definitely in my top 3 favourite movies. My sister loves it too. She and I quote lines from it on a regular basis and everyone else looks at us like we're crazy. The second one was a lot of re-hashing the same jokes but the Monolpoly guy scene is probably my favourite movie scene of all time!
  • whtlatina1214
    whtlatina1214 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    omfg boondocks saints so many people hate it but i liked the first and second but my fave that everyone but me and my man seems to hate is WONDERLAND[the one about johnnywatts]
  • bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    I love the 10th Kingdom. And if you know that movie you should add me as a friend :))

OMG - I love this movie! :bigsmile:
  • staceyGO
    staceyGO Posts: 376
    Options
    Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and What Dreams May Come

I love these 2 movies but I have yet to find another person who even likes them lol

I love Eternal Sunshine too, I also really enjoyed Vanilla Sky!
  • 2012Kristin
    2012Kristin Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Sucker Punch & Snakes on a Plane - I could watch them over and over again.
  • wildcata77
    Options
    My movies that everyone hates that I actually like is Big Fish and The Lake House.

Salamanda, I get it...I totally do. Big Fish was an amazing movie! And despite it's completely unbelievable premise, The Lake House just had so much sweet chemistry b/t Sandra and Keanu that you can't not love it!