New to the forum

I've been using Myfitnesspal to log my food for a month or two, but just started tracking my exercise and weight and joining the message boards. I am currently weighing in at 146 pounds, which may not seem like much, but it's 30 pounds more than I should be and it's all in my gut! I am seriously a potato on toothpicks. I love to ride my bike and I walked the 3-Day 60 mile walk for a Cure in October, but after 6 months of training for the walk, I realized I had not lost a single pound!!

I had to face the fact that Nutrition is 90% of weight loss and Exercise is 10%. You need them both, but what you eat is more important. So, I am eating differently and doing a lot of strength training and Pilates to improve my core strength and put on some muscle. I am losing INCHES - YAY -- and a few pounds - KINDA YAY? I have to learn not to rely just on the scale and to find joy in pulling up my jeans all day!!

I have tried WW, Quick Weight Loss Center, low call, vegan and a variety of other eating plans for the past 10 years and have not had any lasting or significant weight loss. I will be 60 next year and I am attacking this with a vengeance -- personal trainer, dietician, and no excuses! My goal is to lose 17 more pounds in 4-5 months.

Replies

• Welcome...... :)
  • jennifer418
    jennifer418 Posts: 12 Member
    Welcome and congratulations. I agree it is kind of hard to not rely on the scale. I've lost a few inches and a little bit of weight, but I have to admit not seeing the number on the scale go down is sometime disappointing. However like you I need to remember that when my jeans fit better that is a good thing even if the number isn't going down quickly! =) Good luck, you will be amazing!!
  • Puffins1958
    Puffins1958 Posts: 614 Member
    Welcome to this fabulous group. I've found it very helpful just keeping track of my food. I hope that you have a wonderful experience here. ENJOY!!!! Feel free to add me. if you'd like.....

12117749.png
  • Me too :) .............welcome!:heart: