Been here a couple days but now introduction

Options
My name is Chris and I'm 28 (well will be the day after Christmas) I'm currently in the United States Air Force. i'm currently not happy with the way I look as far as around the waist and am looking at losing some weight around the middle. I am one that needs a lot of push and motivation to make me want to get up and do it though. I guess because I have to do PT already and am told what exercises I am going to be doing instead of just letting me do what i need to do to ensure I'm fit. I feel that when I do my own PT I get more out of it instead of having someone tell me what I need to do. One thing that I have started to change is my eating habits. I am currently only consuming about 1400 - 1500 calories but I am not at all hungry thorughout the day and if I am then I will eat a apple instead of grabbing for the potatoe chips. One of the hardest things I did was I went through my cabinets and I threw away everything that was unhealthy. I then started completely over. yes this wasted a lot of food but until you actually do it you don't relieze how much bad food you actually have in your home. Cookies in the cabinets, popsciles in the freezer, chocolate bars in the fridge. I mean you name it and I probably had it. Therefore, I am going to go on a Journey of starting out with only loosing about 15 lbs since I only weight 192 right now and I am going to work on getting to 170 - 175. Therefore with the help of MFP I plan on having this be a great success but I need people's support. Please friend me and help keep me on track.

Replies

• chrissi_k
    chrissi_k Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hi Chris and welcome to mfp. I am Chrissi and my husband is in the military too (Army). I am sure that you will achieve your goal in no time and by joining mfp and chaning your eating habits you are already on the right way.
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Welcome - you can do it!
  • daleworley
    Options
    Welcome to the journey...feel free to add me
  • Kaimana94
    Kaimana94 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Good luck and just to let you know...you can do it. I'm retired Air Force and gain over 50 pounds after getting out. I'm now down over 50 pounds from my max weight. Good luck on your weight lost and thank you for servicing.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Good luck! Feel free to add me if you'd like!