Making Protein Shakes Taste Better

Options
2»

Replies

• shaybell34
    shaybell34 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I always use vanilla powder because I feel you can make vanilla taste like whatever you put in there.

I also use unsweetened coconut milk or vanilla almond milk (also unsweetened).

Then I use Dasani or Crystal Light drops to make it taste like whatever I'm in the mood for...for example I will make a shake with coconut milk, frozen pineapple and coconut pineapple drops, and it tastes like a pina colada! Another one I will do is frozen blueberries and use the mixed berry flavor.

Some would poo-poo at the sweeteners that are in those but I don't use very much, literally just a drop to add flavor.

[ Im gonna try your idea sounds good]
  • zephyr1975
    Options
    I wanted to add the protein shake I made tonight. It is a first tonight and turned out pretty good.

I brewed 2 Twinings Ultra Spice Chai tea bags in 10 oz. of boiling water. I poured the tea over ice in my blender bottle. I added 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder, 1 tbs sugar free liquid creamer, and 2 pumps of Torani Sugar free Vanilla syrup. I shook it up and it turned out to be a great Iced Chai Latte.
  • GreatDepression
    GreatDepression Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the cheesecake flavor pudding powder from Jello. It's too bad it's kind of high carb because of the thickening agent.
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    my wife adds fruit to hers, usually frozen berries. tastes quite nice.

work colleague made a vanilla one yesterday with a banana and a coffee shot. it was ok but i think the banana made it too sweet. vanilla with a coffee shot would be nice i rekon. or even the unflavoured one with a coffee shot would be good
  • Kel1677
    Kel1677 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I use silk dark chocolate almond milk and pure protein frosty chocolate protein powder, that's my fave. I also use silk vanilla almond milk and pure protien powder with a Duncan Hines flavor creation flavor packet. I use orange cream it really good too
  • getrealgirl
    getrealgirl Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    My favorite for morning is cold black coffee, chocolate protein powder (whey) and almond milk. Gets me going!