What's Your Occupation

Options

Replies

• chrisja
    chrisja Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Occupation: Registered Nurse/ Registered Midwife/ Public Health Nurse

Dream Job: RN/RM/PHN who looks forward to going to work everyday at a workplace that she really likes.
  • Abbey70
    Abbey70 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Job: CNA and RA
    Dream Job: To open my own Adult Foster Care
  • Yenta1972
    Yenta1972 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
  • mkmacf
    mkmacf Posts: 101
    Options
    Current job: Health Promoter
    Dream Job: Baker
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Current: Office Assistant/Student/Mom

Dream: Become a certified councelor and trainer along with my business degree I'm working on and open up my own Get Fit Camp for Girls. I'd love to help young girls in building their self esteem & confidence and show them how important it is to your health emotionally, mentally, and physically to take care of your body. And my daughter is my guinea pig LOL
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    Current Job: Speech-Language Pathologist
    Dream Job: Neurologist. (If I only could have stuck out a few more years of school!!!)

Regardless, I am pleased to do the work I do.
  • Hambone23
    Hambone23 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Occupations: Writer & Library Assistant
    Dream Job: Folksinger
    Realistic Dream Job: Archives Librarian
  • sgtlittle
    sgtlittle Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Dream Job: Own a nudist resort.

For those wondering:
    Health physicists work in a variety of disciplines, including research, industry, education, environmental protection, and enforcement of government regulations. Although the health physicist usually concentrates in one of these disciplines, a professional health physicist typically performs duties in several areas.

In research, health physicists investigate principles by which radiation interacts with matter and living systems. Health physicists also study environmental levels of radioactivity and the effects of radiation on biological systems on earth and in space. This information is used in many ways, ranging from designing radiation-detection instrumentation to establishing radiation-protection standards.

Industrial or applied health physicists draw upon their technical knowledge and varied experience to advise and make recommendations to management regarding methods and equipment for use in radiation work. The health physicist also assists engineers and scientists in designing facilities and new radiation-control programs. As the primary consultant during any radiation emergency, a health physicist commonly has total control of the involved area.

Health physicists working in education develop and instruct training programs for future health physicists. They also provide any necessary training for radiation workers and the general public. These individuals instruct workers and other health physicists on the level of risk associated with particular radiation sources and methods used to reduce risk. One goal is to help individuals understand the relative degree of risk of radiation exposure. In most cases, the risk is no greater than that found in other industries.

Health physicists who work in regulatory enforcement must have knowledge and experience concerning all types of radiation hazards in order to establish guidelines for adequate radiation control. These guidelines help society receive the greatest benefits from radiation sources at the lowest possible exposure.
  • mrschappet
    mrschappet Posts: 488 Member
    Options

dream job... and hopefully soon to be job: personal fitness trainer :-)
  • Kryontz
    Kryontz Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    current: business process analyst
    dream job: one of those rich and greedy CEOs or CFOs
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Current job: Admin Asst at a fastener distributor

Dream job: Suntan lotion tester on the french riviera
  • JPsFunkyMojo
    Options
    Current job: Office Manager for an Oncologist.
    Dream job: Traveling Paramedic/Fire Rescue
  • Fitnin6280
    Fitnin6280 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Current Job: Commercial Loan Processor

Dream Job: Stay at home mom - I wish more than anthing I could stay at home with my kids!
  • ShandiH
    ShandiH Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Dream Job: No frickin' clue! Hoping to be a stay-at-home mom in the near future but while I think it's very important to raise my children, I'm nervous about it. Plus, I don't really consider that a job; yes, it's what I "do" but my definition of a job is that you get a paycheck.
  • clpott04
    Options
    Current Job: Emergency Room/Pharmacy Tech

Future Job: 1. Trauma Nurse 2. After I finish a little more schoolin' Nurse Practitioner
  • Kany
    Kany Posts: 336
    Options
    Dream Job: Fashion photographer
  • luvJOJO
    luvJOJO Posts: 1,881 Member
    Options
    current occupation - pricing analyst
    dream job - i still don't know this yet ????
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Current job: Full-time radiography student, part-time work at an antique shop

Dream job: Geologist :)
  • Bheller234
    Options
    Dream Job: Photographer, either Nature photographer or sports photographer would be my dream. But any photographer job would be good. Have to get somewhere with my photography degree! :)
  • leannelately
    leannelately Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Occupation: Director of Special Events and Development for a nonprofit organization
    Dream Job: Stay at home mother

I want to be able to actually do the event planning side of my job as a volunteer. I love what I do (most days) but I wish it wasn't a JOB.