FoodSaver won't vacuum - HELP!

Options
TropicalKitty
TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
Hey MFP!

I've searched google and I can't get anywhere figuring out why my FS 3460 won't vacuum. It was working fine for 5 bags and now it won't vacuum. I've looked inside and I don't see anything obstructing the vacuum. I've also turned it off and on. Tried a new bag. My only suspicion is that I had to switch rolls and that the new roll won't work for some reason.

Now all the fun kitchen time I put in for homemade Xmas gifts is no longer fun.

Anyone have any suggestions?

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    Is it plugged in? Did you try turning it on and off again? :wink:

In all seriousness, the only time mine won't vacuum is if I don't have the bag in right, or if the seal gets overheated.
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    haha yeah, I checked the cord. I'm blonde so you never know!

So I hooked up another empty unsealed bag to it and let it run for about 15 seconds (which I had tried earlier to no avail). Now it works. Guess something was blocking the vacuum that I couldn't see.

Stupid technology! hahaha
  • HarlCarl
    HarlCarl Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Mine works great, unless it gets over heated...give it a rest for 10 minutes or so. Good luck
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Sometimes the seals aren't seated just right so the suction doesn't get to the bag properly. Or the seals need cleaning.

Also, if yours has a fitting for hooking up the tube for vacuum canisters, make sure that tube is unplugged. It won't vacuum seal a bag if the canister tube is inserted because the machine diverts suction from the bag to the tubing.