Exercise Videos???

Options
I'm sure that this topic has been posted many times but I'm curious. I went on demand today and discovered that my favorite workout videos (Chris Freytag yoga and cardio) have been taken off air. So, now I'm in the market for some new vids that I can use at home. What are your favorites?

Replies

• AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    I'm sure that this topic has been posted many times but I'm curious. I went on demand today and discovered that my favorite workout videos (Chris Freytag yoga and cardio) have been taken off air. So, now I'm in the market for some new vids that I can use at home. What are your favorites?

I love Tae Bo. It's my favorite workout. Chris is one of my personal trainers. You can buy her workouts on Amazon. com. I've bought a lot of her workouts from Amazon. Recently, before Exercise TV closed, I've ordered her Exercise TV workouts.
  • smlamb33
    smlamb33 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Well, you know that my favorites are Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds dvd's and also I love my Jane Fonda Step Aerobics video. Wish I could get that in a dvd before my vhs dies from over use! LOL!
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I love powerstrike kickboxing - there are six different videos, but I've only used #6. I also like to mix it up with P90X - I don't follow the 90 day sequence, but throw in a kenpo or core synergistics workout whenever I want to do something different. They're really tough and I can't do everything by any means, but I've definitely improved!
  • SpringFever19
    SpringFever19 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Were these on Time Warner Cable Exercise and Fitness on Demand? I called TWC and complained about this last week! Especially since FitTV has changed to Discovery Fit and Health and has more reality and food shows now than workouts I was really disappointed about this. However, DFH does play Total Body Sculpt by Gilad (I love him). Last I checked it was on at 630am. It's only 30min and goes by very quickly but you do a lot.
  • aekaya
    aekaya Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I always love the pilates videos they have on demand!

And if you don't mind watching the workouts on your computer, then I would wholeheartedly recommend Pop Pilates on youtube! So much fun and really easy to get the hang of, plus you really do see results if you keep at it consistently!
  • rgunn02
    rgunn02 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    The Firm www.firmdirect.com
    My Favs: Get Chisle'd, 500 calorie work out, high def sculpt, total body work out, boot camp max calorie burn.....
    I don't think I've come across any from the Firm that I didn't like!
  • 707janette
    707janette Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I have lots of exercise videos. Most of them I tried for aprox. 10 minutes and decided I just wasn't coordinated enough and they moved to fast for me to figure out what they are doing. So my go to video is the very old school--Richard Simmons sweating to the oldies. It really inspires me to see that some of the people working out are very very large and they can do it. I like the music and I can do it. I don't know why I continue to buy other videos when I never even use them.
  • tinycoton
    Options
    Turbo Fire!!!!
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    P90X, P90X<2, Insanity, Insanity:The Asylum, Turbo Fire. These are my favorites.
  • aklitten
    aklitten Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Check out Collage Video (collagevideo.com)--specializes in exercise videos. They have a HUGE selection and a lot of previews of the videos they sell.
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I heard from one of my MFP friends in SC that they had taken hers away as well. That stinks!

I suggest checking out Netflix and the public library to see what they might have. That way you can buy something after you've given it a try. Also, try You tube for workouts..
  • hperowl
    hperowl Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Thanks aklitten for the collagevideo.com link. My favorite video is on there and I have ordered it!!! Thanks everyone for the suggestions!