circulation results from losing weight

Options
Can anyone tell me if they have been experiencing this? I find now that I am losing weight and getting a little healthier, it is colder during these months and my hands and feet are now like ice almost 24/7....I can never seem to get them warm except in the shower or under a ton of covers in bed....is this typical?

Replies

• mmrkar
    mmrkar Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have this same problem as well. I'm not sure if it has to do with the weight loss or not though since I've only lost about 15lbs. For me, drinking a hot beverage at night really helps! My current favorite is peppermint tea. I also have an electric blanket! Stay warm!!
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Fat is a good insulator, so it stands to reason that as you lose fat you'd feel the cold more. Just bundle up and drink some hot herbal tea. :)
  • babyshme
    babyshme Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    When cold hands and/or feet persist, you should be evaluated for Raynaud's syndrome. Raynaud's (sometimes also spelled Reynaud's) is also known as Raynaud's phenomenom. It's a disease that involves an interruption in the blood flow to fingers and toes (and sometimes nose and ears), due to spasms in the blood vessels.

Wouldn't of posted this. Being as I have it, IT SUCKS!!!