I'm 5'2 any shorter women success stories? SHARE ;)

Options
2»

Replies

• lupa01
    lupa01 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm half an inch taller, 50 yo mom of two teenagers and started a weight routine three times a week and recording my food everyday last may. I've lost 18 lbs and two clothes sizes!! It works for us too! I thought it was too late for me...

I'm 39 years old and thought the same thing. I have lost more weight at this age in a shorter amount of time than I did before I turned 30.lol
  • thurberj
    thurberj Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    4'11" and 57 years old......164lbs size 16 jeans.......down 22 and wearing size 10 jeans. Corrected some cholesterol and triglyceride issues and did not have to go on meds. 10-15 more I want to lose, but the weight loss is slowing......I can be patient and I will do it!!
  • lupa01
    lupa01 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and lost 19 pounds in two months! Thought that was absolutely impossible but it was not, obviously. If you get on a balanced diet and exercise regimen, the weight will come off in no time. It's not the easiest thing but can definitely be done with a reasonable amount of effort. MFP makes it so much easier than doing it on your own. Good luck to you!:-)
  • Edithrenee
    Edithrenee Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm half an inch taller, 50 yo mom of two teenagers and started a weight routine three times a week and recording my food everyday last may. I've lost 18 lbs and two clothes sizes!! It works for us too! I thought it was too late for me...

well, i dont have any success yet but im going to try this for a while i think im going to give it 6 weeks to see if lifting weights is going to help me at all. Im thinking at my age it may make so much since that cardio and high reps and low weights worked in my 20's because i had more muscle mass, but since im 42 my metabolism is so low i do cardio like crazy and have not lost a thing so, im thinking if as we age we lose muscle, if i do heavy weights and some cardio maybe just maybe I can lose the fat hmmmm lol
  • AndreaWyland
    AndreaWyland Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Im 5'1.5 and yes the half counts;p I have two children 7.5 and 4.5. Im 32. I am happy to get to say I am the healthiest I have ever been. I can run half marathons and hike mountains and keep up with my kids and move heavy things by myself ( I like that part!) while getting stronger and healthier every year instead of the opposite like most women my age. Its EXCITING!!! I started seriously getting healthier at about 160 pds and Im now 125.4 SO close to seeing 124 and I just recently got out of a stuck period by getting really honest about the bite here and the bite there of this and that. At our height it makes a BIG difference and its what I needed:) My goal is 115 so 10 pds to go and I may decide to go lower when I reach that or I may get to 118 and decide no lower... mainly Im trying to lean out and allow my muscles to show by lowering my body fat. I do exercise 6-7 days a week doing anything from stretching or yoga to hiking, running, P90x, snowboarding, walking to the park with the kids, something everyday:) You can do it!!!!
  • calamitydown
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and have lost about 25 lbs since June :) I'm all about having a cheat day once in a while, making positive changes, and enjoying life! I can't imagine being on a strict diet 24/7...I'm too much of a foodaholic :)
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    http://anotherrunningmom.wordpress.com

5'3 79 lbs lost with 12-14 to go. :)
  • AnnieSPAJ
    AnnieSPAJ Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' and just starting. Starting weight is 172.8 and I'm trying to get to 120. I weighed that a few years ago, got pregnant at 130 and put on a little more than I planned. My son is 6 months old and I finally got the motivation to get my *kitten* in gear. I can't be looking like this next summer :)
  • nanzbtheone
    Options
    Im barely 5'2 and i weigh 195 .. i have a two month old baby and gained 51 lbs while pregnant. i dropped 33 lbs within the first few weeks and now i am finally ready to drop this baby weight plus more !! hoping to weigh 125-135 when all is said and done...Good Luck
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
  • kericson
    kericson Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 (if I stand up REALLY straight) and I'm down 33 pounds. I have one son, he's 9 but I never really got all that weight off after I had him. I've lost about half of what I'd like to. Good luck!
  • DorisR184
    DorisR184 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
  • mandrakecity
    Options
    Hi! Oh my god, strength training totally works, no matter what age you are. Check out this article:http://www.urbanpump.com/philosophy/hystrengthsmworkout.html

I just started this program, but I have seen it work. Good luck!
  • ruthiebear123
    ruthiebear123 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11" and I've lost 35lb since Sept! 16lb to go and I will b at my goal weight! :) X
  • mayberry310
    mayberry310 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm another 5'2" mommy. :) I've got a way to go to hit my goal, so I'm not a success story yet. But I will be... and You will too! I see you wrote this back in December. How are you doing now?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!