WHats your favorite "easy" amd portable protein?

Options
1235»

Replies

• _Amy_Budd
    _Amy_Budd Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    One night a week I roast up one or two trays of chicken drumsticks and thighs, and then wrap them individually in foil and put them in the fridge. Then I can grab one to eat as a snack in the house, or to take with me on the go - they're totally yummy when they're cold or at room temperature, and they're a great source of protein and healthy fat.
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    When travelling virtually all I buy is jerky at gas stations.

I usually have a stash of protein bars (random kinds) for the same reason. I'll get a case or two when they're on sale, and keep em in the freezer.

Walmart has a $0.87 cent bar, low sugar i think, 200ish calories, 25-30g protein. Suits my needs. SUPER cheap compared to the 3 or 4 dollar bars.
  • ladykate7
    ladykate7 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    starkis tuna packet.. they have several different flavors, and each packet usually has around 30g protein or more.. very easy

Bump^
    Get tons when they are on sale, I really like the herb & garlic flavor. I've found salmon foil packs and canned chicken in the same area of the grocery store. Great for on the go or when you didn't make time to plan your meals
  • ladykate7
    ladykate7 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    My cottage cheese (dry pressed, 0.5% fat) has TWICE as much protein as what you quoted above.. it has 11g of protein and 50 cals per 55g of the cheese 50 calories.
    I get my numbers from the product label and product website, which is more specific than wikipedia which may or may not be talking about the same type of cottage cheese (dry pressed) or the same fat%, which in my case is 0.5 :) .

What brand is your cottage cheese and where do you buy it?
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I love nuts too but I can't handle have them at home. I would eat too much.
    I boiled a whole bunch of eggs and then just take some with me for snacks.