Help! I can't stop eating those Holiday Cookies!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/FoxCarter/view/i-m-a-cookie-monster-180330

I have a huge problem with holiday cookies. They are soooo cute! I just want to eat them.
ALL OF THEM!!!

Any ideas on how to prevent myself from consuming a years worth of cookies in one holiday??

Replies

• rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Look at them, admire them, take pictures of them with your phone and post those pictures on Facebook-- but DON'T PICK THEM UP AND EAT THEM!!!!!!!!
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    The ONLY thing that works for me is to get them out of the house. Otherwise, I have NO willpower. I am weak.
  • FoxCarter
    FoxCarter Posts: 127 Member
    Seeing how cute they are, immediately makes me think that they will be better tasting than regular cookies. I can pass up regular cookies like nobody's business...but add some frosting and sprinkles (<---my weakness)...and I'm in trouble!
  • FoxCarter
    The ONLY thing that works for me is to get them out of the house. Otherwise, I have NO willpower. I am weak.

I don't buy cookies for the house, it just goes against logic....
    However, with the holidays there are cookies everywhere.!
  • Kimmer2011
    Kimmer2011 Posts: 569 Member
    Most holiday cookies look great. Not all of them taste amazing, though. Pick ONE that you know tastes out of this world. Eat it slowly, really savoring that taste (work into your plan for the day, of course). The rest of them can be visually admired--you don't have to eat them to appreciate them.
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Out of sight out of mind u can do it! Chew on some mint gum a cookie won't taste as good after chewing on that
  • HoLLyZ82
    HoLLyZ82 Posts: 467 Member
    carry a travel size mouth wash with you. do a nice long swish around and that will keep you from wanting to eat them. nothing tastes good with mouthwash.
  • kouzzzz
    kouzzzz Posts: 540 Member
    Throw them out!
  • CheleLynn44
    CheleLynn44 Posts: 339 Member
    try to figure out the calorie count for one of those cookies. i did that with the christmas cookies my mother in law and daughter made, 121 per cookie............so not worth it. I did have one, and I logged it, but not having anymore, not worth the calories to me.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    I'm not baking till Christmas Eve, then the leftovers are all going home with the nieces. Don't make them if you don't HAVE to, and if you think you must, then wait, and give away the bulk of them ASAP!
  • beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    I LOVE cookies!! And this time of year? Gingerbread cookies are an obsession.
    I'd say find a recipe for a low cal/low fat cookie. :)
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/12/low-fat-gingerbread-cookies.html
    Soo good!

I also find a box of 30 different cookie cutters!!
    One of the cutters is shaped like a light you'd have on a tree. It's like half the size of a Gingerbread man, so I feel like I get 2 cookies, instead of just one. ;)
    Cookies are just a mind game for me! Haha.
  • allofourdreams
    allofourdreams Posts: 107 Member
    i've been eating so many cookies for the past like.. week. i always go to my best friends house at night and her aunt has been making cookies by the butt load.. i have absolutely no will power against cookies. she made 2 of my favorites. :( buttt i'm not going there tonight.. so i should be better on my calories!! good luck.. i think the best thing to do is just stay away.. don't have them near you.
  • Aperyan83
    Aperyan83 Posts: 69 Member
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/FoxCarter/view/i-m-a-cookie-monster-180330

I have a huge problem with holiday cookies. They are soooo cute! I just want to eat them.
    ALL OF THEM!!!

Any ideas on how to prevent myself from consuming a years worth of cookies in one holiday??

I WOULD LOG THEM IN YOUR DIARY SO YOU CAN SEE THE DAMAGE... IT SHOULD HIT HOME BABE!!!

DON'T DO IT !!!! :drinker:
  • Amanda0325
    Amanda0325 Posts: 245 Member
    went over my allowed calories by 1100 yesterday cause i was baking and snacking on cookies all day ::hangs head in shame:::grumble: :sad: wish i coulda said no! but they were hot and warm :heart: Now i just need to make everyones bags and get them out of the house!
  • FoxCarter
    Ooohh....carrying mouthwash is a GREAT idea! I can't stand to eat anything after brushing my teeth or using mouthwash. It just doesn't taste right!
  • classyhoney
    classyhoney Posts: 75 Member
    Orbit sugar free gum in bubble mint and extra dessert gums also suagr free has been a life saver. Whenever I get a craving I just pop in a slice of gum and it really helps. It comes a point when you just have to say no. Keep a little note in your purse or wallet at all times reminding you of all the goals you need to accomplish and why that cookie isn't worth it. You have to ask yourself what do you want more? A cookie or to reach your lifestyle change.
  • nakabi
    nakabi Posts: 589 Member
    once you make the cookies, spray them with household cleaner :) that's what I do to keep my husband out of the cookie jar :)
    I like to make them with my son and then once we have eaten a couple, we spray the rest. that way we don't eat them but we can still look at them
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,526 Member
    I can usually eat one and stop. If I don't ever have any, then I feel deprived, and end up not sticking to my plan. So I make allowances for small indulgences and either eat less of something else, or exercise a bit more.

For me, not having them in the house is impossible, since I have teen boys who have a hard time eating ENOUGH calories to grow! (So not fair!!)
  • TheirEllie82
    TheirEllie82 Posts: 162 Member
    SInce you don't make them yourself or buy them for your house think about who did make them and who helped make them... My son helps with all my Christmas baking and now that he is a little older it isn't as gross but there was a time when he didn't understand why it wasn't okay to lick the tip of the frosting bag or why he shouldn't lick his finger and stick it in the sprinkles container...and those are only the things he did when my back wasn't turned. I hope this helps
  • HoLLyZ82
    HoLLyZ82 Posts: 467 Member
    once you make the cookies, spray them with household cleaner :) that's what I do to keep my husband out of the cookie jar :)
    I like to make them with my son and then once we have eaten a couple, we spray the rest. that way we don't eat them but we can still look at them

LOL this is insane. hahaha... why not just make half a batch and buy plastic cookies to stare at? hahaha...i suppose if it works for you then thats all that matters ;)