What are you preparing on New Years Eve

Options
2»

Replies

• frugalmomsrock
    Options
    My parents are coming for supper. I'll be grilling steaks and chicken, and I'll serve with my spinach and fruit salad (fresh chopped spinach, halved grapes, blueberries, strawberries, almonds, and berry vinaigrette), baked potatoes (white and sweet), and cheesecake for dessert. I'll probably have a regular salad for the pickier ones (my husband and father).
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    No idea on New Years Eve, though I will take a snack to add to my boyfriend's mom's treat trays! New Years Day I am preparing lobster tails, shrimp cocktails, and some sides. No idea WHAT sides mind you.... but something!
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Double posted... sorry!
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I will be preparing to get wasted !!! Does that count? lol

Counts yes!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Hummus, crackers, tortilla chips, salsa, guacamole, pretzels, veggies and fruit, (those are the things I'll stick to eating) then in addition to that for everyone else probably some platters with the little meatballs, spring rolls, shrimp ring, wings etc.

dessert items of some sort.

ALCOHOL!!
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I think I'm going to prepare my Teriyaki Marinade for Flank Steak and also Ginger Rice (so good). And lots and lots of Shrimp since the steaks disappear so quickly :)

Now I can finally answer as to what our guests can bring.....

Happy Holidays to everyone!
  • skinnnybride
    Options
    For New Year's Eve w/ my family we always serve finger foods...
    Cold veggies & dip
    Cheese & crackers
    Shrimp Cocktail
    Pumpernickel bread w/ Spinach Dip