I am at my wits-end

Options
I started my diet after Thanksgiving and almost a month now I feel like I should be losing more. Some days I'll lose a pound a day and other days I won't. I go walking an hr 4 to 6 times a week and been drinking water none stop and eating 5 to 6 smaller foods every 2 to 3 hours. So I am very desperate to lose more but I'm hitting a wall that I cannot go through or around.

Please help me!

Replies

• Canbfit4life
    Options
    Change your workout your body is use to the same thing ,trick it
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    The more weight you have to lose - the quicker it comes off. That said - you can't expect every week to be the same. Example, week 3 you might lose 2 pounds, week 4 - no pounds, and week 5 - 3 pounds, week 6 - no pounds again. Don't get discouraged. You are becoming more and more fit - you're making progress even if the scale doesn't show it. Have you measured inches? Sometimes I will lose zero pounds - but an inch instead.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,651 Member
    Options
    So how much have you lost in that month?
  • Gshepmix83
    Gshepmix83 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Since I started after thanksgiving and now I have lost a total of 14lbs. I was really hoping to have lost 30 or more pounds by Christmas.
  • beccala18
    beccala18 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I looked at your profile - it seems that you are looking to lose about 50 pounds. So losing 14 in 4 weeks is fantastic! That is over 2 pounds per week.

You have to not let the daily fluctuations mess with you. Take it one day at a time. And understand that as you get closer to your goal, the weight will come off slower and you will have to change things up to get past it.

I also second the measuring - it definitely helps to see how your body is changing, even if the weight is not.
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    uhm........ 14 lbs in less than a month is ah-freakin-mazing. It is REALLY fast.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,651 Member
    Options
    Since I started after thanksgiving and now I have lost a total of 14lbs. I was really hoping to have lost 30 or more pounds by Christmas.

Yeah, you kinda forgot to mention how you actually lost weight in that time frame. :tongue:

I would actually say losing 3.5 to 4 lbs a week is a little *too* fast. I've read it's generally healthy to lose 1% of your body weight a week so unless you're 300 to 400 lbs....

Also, I third the measuring. People are too fixated on the number on the scale when losing inches and how your clothes fit and how you feel is a much better indicator